x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ Cloud Service Review \
Read/Reply : 41783/4
First, I have to admit that your technologies and stability really impress me.
But the download quota (200MB per month) for free accounts seems too low. I maintain a list/comparison of the free online file storage services at
http://tiandrive.5gigs.com/storage.htm
You can see there a comparison between your service and the others. Especially, Xdrive.com has become totally free recently, which provides 5GB of free storage space and has no limit on downloads.
If you have some improvement on that (I think that at least 1GB per month is competitive), your service will become popular to online storage users.

9/27/2006 1:43:51 AM

Thank you for the great comment! I think our business model is different from those low-end service providers. We understand if we offer large storage / bandwidth for free, we will have a lot more users. However, the service quality will also be degraded. Free service always has a catch and comes with risks.

Remember XDrive offered free service 7 years ago, and attracted millions of users. Eventually that business model didn't work. So they dropped free service altogether, which screwed up lots of people and their user base shrinked dramatically.

Today, lots of people think storage is cheap; it is partly true because hard disk price is getting lower and lower. But most people don't pay attention to the fact that the storage used in a high-end service like DriveHQ is not just an IDE or USB drive!

In order to ensure high performance and reliability, DriveHQ uses massive NAS and RAID storage, all storage systems and network components are redundant. That is, your data is first protected by RAID in one set of NAS device; then we have another set of NAS RAID system to be identical to the first set. DriveHQ developed technologies that mirror the two sets of RAID storage in near real-time!

Considering the scale and complexity of the system, network bandwidth cost, management / network operations and support cost, 1GB storage actually costs more than $2.5, which is more expensive than USB hard disks. We have no idea why some smaller companies feel they can afford to offer a lot of free storage and bandwidth. But it is high likely that they cannot afford it; and when it happens, users are screwed up.

By offering modest amount of storage and bandwidth for users to test our service and for casual / personal use, DriveHQ can ensure to offer the best high-end service for premium users. Our approach is simple, let those smaller companies get lots of free users to burn their cash and lower their service quality; and we will focus on offering the best high-end service for high-end users.

9/27/2006 4:40:01 PM

Starting in Nov, we have increased maximum download bytes for free service.

Many people don't really get that DriveHQ service is way more than just a regular online storage or online backup service. It has a lot of best features, services and software applications. Our FileManager 3.5 software is more powerful than any FTP client applications; it even bundles DriveHQ FTP hosting service, which also is accessible through web-based online storage, plus it supports advanced file publishing / hosting, folder synchronization. Anyway, please make sure to look at our product and service demos. Remember, you pay only one low price, even lower than a single copy of CuteFTP or ws-FTP client software, and you get client software, server software, backup software, folder synchronization software, photo editing software, plus online storage that can be accessed from anywhere. There is really no excuse not to upgrade! If you do, please feel free to send your suggestions to webmaster@drivehq.com

12/27/2006 2:47:48 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  12/27/2006 2:47:48 AM

Starting in Nov, we have increased maximum download bytes for free service.

Many people don't really get that DriveHQ service is way more than just a regular online storage or online backup service. It has a lot of best features, services and software applications. Our FileManager 3.5 software is more powerful than any FTP client applications; it even bundles DriveHQ FTP hosting service, which also is accessible through web-based online storage, plus it supports advanced file publishing / hosting, folder synchronization. Anyway, please make sure to look at our product and service demos. Remember, you pay only one low price, even lower than a single copy of CuteFTP or ws-FTP client software, and you get client software, server software, backup software, folder synchronization software, photo editing software, plus online storage that can be accessed from anywhere. There is really no excuse not to upgrade! If you do, please feel free to send your suggestions to webmaster@drivehq.com

What can I do now I got the message that my download bytes are not there I have two clients that I need to get there work off the site! Now what do I DO I have never had this happen before maryannelochirco@yahoo.com

10/16/2009 7:47:30 PM

Sorry we didn't notice this message. It was posted as a reply to a very old message...

If you order xGB storage, you get 4 times of  xGB download bytes per month, which is usually far more enough. If you have a legitimate reason for more download bytes, please contact DriveHQ customer support. DriveHQ might offer you more download bytes for free, or for a discount price.

If you use DriveHQ free service, then please try to use all our main features. You will get up to 1GB download bytes / month by using all major features and client software.

6/27/2010 1:31:18 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003