x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 30893/4

FilesAnywhere has a simple Webfolder access that simply saves a web folder to the local desktop without the need to install applications.  I need access to files when behind my clients' corporate firewalls.  Does DriveHQ have something like Webfolders that allows direct access to editing, but does not require a software install?  I am assuming DriveHQ Desktop Express requires installation.

2/28/2009 2:19:09 PM

DriveHQ Client software uses standard HTTP/HTTPS protocols. Usually you can use our client software even if you have a firewall. Most firewalls don't block HTTP/HTTPS. So if you can logon using a web browser, then you should be able to logon from DriveHQ FileManager or Desktop Express.

A lot of anti-virus / network security software may block DriveHQ Client software by default, which you can usually turn off it easily. If you are not sure, you can try to stop anti-virus / network security software briefly to test the connection. Contact your anti-virus / security software vendor for more support on how to turn it off.

Without installing any client software, you can still access DriveHQ Online Storage using DriveHQ FTP Hosting service. DriveHQ FTP Server Hosting service shares the same back-end storage system. You can use any FTP client software on any platforms. Windows Explorer can be used as a simple FTP client. Open Windows Explorer (i.e. "My Computer"), enter the following address:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/

---------

DriveHQ used to have a drive-mapping product called DriveHQ WWWDrive. We have stopped supporting the software. The reason is Windows XP and Windows Vista always try to cache folder / file thumbnails and previews. Everytime you access a network folder, it starts downloading all files in the folder and subfolders, which is ok in the local disk or local network case. But on the Internet, it can make your computer very slow, or completely locked. Internet drive is also less reliable. For example, if you are editing a big file, and if the Internet connection becomes very slow or un-available, your computer could be locked and data loss might occur.

We believe DriveHQ FileManager offers the best Online Drive feature. DriveHQ FileManager integrates remote and local storage in our user-friendly application GUI. You can easily drag and drop files between local and remote. You can also open a file, edit it and save it (Don't use Save As), the file can be automatically saved back to DriveHQ Online Storage.

2/28/2009 10:42:04 PM

OK.  So I have set up a sub account from the Group administrator menu.  I want my sub user to click on a ftp hyperlink on my website to upload files to his password protected folder or be able to provide him with a url that requires him to enter his password to access his personal private folder from his browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox etc.).  Is this possible? What would that url be?

8/27/2010 6:33:44 AM

User: kulchayaad  -  8/27/2010 6:33:44 AM

OK.  So I have set up a sub account from the Group administrator menu.  I want my sub user to click on a ftp hyperlink on my website to upload files to his password protected folder or be able to provide him with a url that requires him to enter his password to access his personal private folder from his browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox etc.).  Is this possible? What would that url be?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

You can have any number of sub-users. You just need to order additional sub-user licenses. It is at only $6/user/year. If you have a lot of sub-users (over 50), we may even offer you some discount.

>>> What I would like to have is a service where multiple users can upload to their password protected site/file/folder.

The service can meet your needs and in fact works better; but it works differently than you thought.

Please note:

(1)  All Users can access All files / folders in his own account (In “My Storage” virtual folder).

(2)  By default, other users cannot access files / folders in your account;

Please note (1) and (2) means each user’s data is protected with a username / password.

(3)  If you create folders in your own account, other users cannot access them. You need to share your folders to other users. You can share different folders to different users and set different permissions. The other users can logon DriveHQ using their own account info; they can find the shared folder in the special folder:

\DriveHQ Share\YOUR_USERNAME. Each user can only see folders shared to him/her.

(4)  If you want to set storage quota, you can use the group admin feature to allocate storage space and download bytes to your sub-users. You can limit the storage space and download bytes. In this case, the sub-users will upload files to their own account.

(5)  If the sub-users upload files to your shared folders, they user your account storage space.

(6)  As the group owner, you can use the group admin feature to Logon As a sub-user and gain full access to the sub-user account.

(7)  You can also logon as a sub-user and create folders, then share the folders to your own account.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,

Customer Support

www.drivehq.com

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 11:06 AM
To: 'support'
Subject: RE: Web Access to FTP Folders

Thank You.  What I could not get from the website is how many sub-users can I have in a group account?  With the free option it is only one.  What I would like to have is a service where multiple users can upload to their password protected site/file/folder.  Each folder would have a limit of say 10 megs in storage capacity.  In fact, this is service that I would like to offer to musicians who will upload their content/artwork/notes which we will in turn upload to our digital distribution platform...an intermediary storage station of sorts.  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 11:30 AM

To: ad***@*****.com

Subject: RE: Web Access to FTP Folders

Hi,

If you use web and HTTP, your sub-user can logon www.drivehq.com directly with the sub-user name and password. He can access to his own folders in "My Storage"; he can also access folders shared to him from "DriveHQ Share" folder.

As the group owner account, you can gain full access to sub-user account by using the group admin tool. You can select a sub-user and click on Logon As from "Group Admin" page.

If you want to use FTP to download files, you can use Internet Explorer and enter: ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/ sub-users can do the same.

Now if you want to upload files using FTP, it is recommended using better FTP client. For more info, please visit:

http://www.drivehq.com/ftp/ click on Software tab.

Windows Explorer can also be used as a simple FTP client, just enter:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/

drag and drop is supported, but it is less reliable than other better FTP client.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,

Customer Support

www.drivehq.com

8/28/2010 9:56:03 AM

Now Drive Mapping is supported again. Please visit:

http://www.drivehq.com/mapdrive/ for more info and instructions. It works on Windows, Mac and Linux.

9/16/2010 10:59:21 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003