x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 30106/5

Hi,

I have a serious problem with restore of encrypted files. The restore tab of the backup utility doesn't show files, even though it does show the used space. Also the browser shows the files, however, since they are encrypted, it makes no sense to download them.

I have this problem for 3 of my 13 taks now. I have already recreated one of these tasks before, because of this problem. The new tasks performed well for some time and then did the same.

What I see is this:

the folder with its size

and when I double click on it:

the folder with no contents!

(Hope these pictures show in the post.)

5/19/2007 3:32:06 AM

If you can see the files from Internet Explorer, then the files should be there. If you have backed up a folder, in the restore tab, you need to double click on the folder to enter the folder; it will then list the subfolders and files.

If you are not sure about it, you can also use DriveHQ FileManager 3.8 to download the files. The first time when you download encrypted files, it will prompt you to input the encryption key.

5/19/2007 4:37:38 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  5/19/2007 4:37:38 AM

If you can see the files from Internet Explorer, then the files should be there. If you have backed up a folder, in the restore tab, you need to double click on the folder to enter the folder; it will then list the subfolders and files.

If you are not sure about it, you can also use DriveHQ FileManager 3.8 to download the files. The first time when you download encrypted files, it will prompt you to input the encryption key.

I understand that "in the restore tab, you need to double click on the folder to enter the folder; it will then list the subfolders and files", however, if I double click it shows no files. Even though they are there as stated in my first post. I can send two screenshots to illustrate this.

The contents of other tasks, encrypted with the same key, does show, and thus can be downloaded.

Thanks for your attention to this problem.

5/19/2007 1:27:31 PM

User: vanoordt  -  5/19/2007 1:27:31 PM

I understand that "in the restore tab, you need to double click on the folder to enter the folder; it will then list the subfolders and files", however, if I double click it shows no files. Even though they are there as stated in my first post. I can send two screenshots to illustrate this.

The contents of other tasks, encrypted with the same key, does show, and thus can be downloaded.

Please double check the tasks were backed up properly. You can manually restart the task as needed. You can delete an existing task without deleting the backup sets on server, and then recreate the same backup task to fix any possible problems.

If you cannot fix the backup task, please use FileManager to download the files

5/19/2007 3:49:08 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  5/19/2007 3:49:08 PM

Please double check the tasks were backed up properly. You can manually restart the task as needed. You can delete an existing task without deleting the backup sets on server, and then recreate the same backup task to fix any possible problems.

The files are properly backed up. I can use Filemanager to download them, however, since they are encrypted I can't use them.

5/21/2007 1:08:19 AM

User: vanoordt  -  5/21/2007 1:08:19 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  5/19/2007 3:49:08 PM

The files are properly backed up. I can use Filemanager to download them, however, since they are encrypted I can't use them.

Note FileManager can download encrypted files and decrypt it if you provide the encryption key. DriveHQ Online Backup and FileManager share the same encryption algorithm.

5/21/2007 5:22:21 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003