x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 34880/6

I uploaded some filenames to My Document in drivehq via file manager sync, but I found the time stamps are different if viewing by other FTP client.

I need the stamp for differencing the version when working in office.

Thanks

5/31/2007 7:47:29 AM

If you upload files using FileManager, the time stamp should be set to the same time as the original source files. However, if you use third party FTP client, then the time stamp is usually set to the current time.

In any case, once a file is uploaded, the time stamp should be the same, whether viewed by FileManager or FTP, as it is the same copy of the file. If this is not the case, we will be very surprised, please email screenshots to DriveHQ customer support.

5/31/2007 10:07:32 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  5/31/2007 10:07:32 AM

If you upload files using FileManager, the time stamp should be set to the same time as the original source files. However, if you use third party FTP client, then the time stamp is usually set to the current time.

In any case, once a file is uploaded, the time stamp should be the same, whether viewed by FileManager or FTP, as it is the same copy of the file. If this is not the case, we will be very surprised, please email screenshots to DriveHQ customer support.

I now have about 100 files uploaded to DriveHQ. None of the timestamps agree between looking via FTP (CoreFTP) and looking via "My Storage", they all seem about 7 hours different. And neither seems correct???

5/31/2007 3:35:17 PM

User: Alycat  -  5/31/2007 3:35:17 PM

I now have about 100 files uploaded to DriveHQ. None of the timestamps agree between looking via FTP (CoreFTP) and looking via "My Storage", they all seem about 7 hours different. And neither seems correct???

You need to use DriveHQ FileManager, which should display the correct file time if the files were uploaded by FileManager.

Note when you upload files using a web browser or FTP, the file time information is not submitted to the server, resulting the file time to be set as the current time (Now).

If you have uploaded files using FileManager, the file time should be correct on the system. It should also display correct when viewed in FileManager. But when you use a web browser ot FTP, it could mis-interpret the time zone, resulting incorrect file time being displayed. Note our server is located in California, USA. So the file time shown in a web browser is California time.

5/31/2007 3:41:58 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  5/31/2007 3:41:58 PM

You need to use DriveHQ FileManager, which should display the correct file time if the files were uploaded by FileManager.

Note when you upload files using a web browser or FTP, the file time information is not submitted to the server, resulting the file time to be set as the current time (Now).

If you have uploaded files using FileManager, the file time should be correct on the system. It should also display correct when viewed in FileManager. But when you use a web browser ot FTP, it could mis-interpret the time zone, resulting incorrect file time being displayed. Note our server is located in California, USA. So the file time shown in a web browser is California time.

Downloaded your FileManager, and those timestamps look better, they seem to be the local time the file was uploaded. Thanks.

5/31/2007 3:49:57 PM

User: Alycat  -  5/31/2007 3:49:57 PM

Downloaded your FileManager, and those timestamps look better, they seem to be the local time the file was uploaded. Thanks.

Belows are my screenshots.

Starting from the file type of "nero cover designer", the two lists are in same order.

As I mentioned, I use filemanager to upload and then view with windows' builtin ftp command.

In office, I have no permission to install software into PC, I can only use the builtin function.

filemanager

Windows Explorer

6/1/2007 5:29:00 AM

User: fungwh  -  6/1/2007 5:29:00 AM

User: Alycat  -  5/31/2007 3:49:57 PM

Belows are my screenshots.

Starting from the file type of "nero cover designer", the two lists are in same order.

As I mentioned, I use filemanager to upload and then view with windows' builtin ftp command.

In office, I have no permission to install software into PC, I can only use the builtin function.

filemanager

Windows Explorer

Hi, I assume the question is answered. Anyway, to keep the file modify time, you need to use DriveHQ client software (FileManager / Desktop Express or DriveHQ Online Backup).

When you use FTP or Internet Explorer (Browsers), the file create/modify time is set to Now (on server).

When you access the files using a web browser, file time is displayed as U.S. California (PST) time. But when you use DriveHQ client software, the file time is displayed as local time. Some FTP client software can display correct local file time, some may not.

BTW, to post an image link, you need to publish the image file/folder and use the Publish URL.

6/3/2007 12:51:26 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003