x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 37859/6

Hi, there are so many options on drive hq it's confusing. Here's what we want to do. We are a small non-profit art gallery.
1) I want to create separate folders for four roles: president, secretary, treasurer and exec director. Each person uses their personal system (Mac and PC) to work on things for the gallery and I want them to be able to sync their computer's folder with a corresponding DriveHQ folder.

2) The executrive director also works on the gallery's own laptop PC (separate from  her personal Mac). I want to sync that separately.

3) We also want to publis documents to the other bord members and our membership so they see ONLY the document of record and not some version tat isn't ready for general distribution.

With these requirement, I don't think I need teh Backup service since we're syncing, correct?

Any advice on the above would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dan

6/12/2009 11:12:49 AM

Thank you Dan. Please read my answers below. 

>>> Hi, there are so many options on drive hq it's confusing. Here's what we want to do. We are a small non-profit art gallery.
1) I want to create separate folders for four roles: president, secretary, treasurer and exec director. Each person uses their personal system (Mac and PC) to work on things for the gallery and I want them to be able to sync their computer's folder with a corresponding DriveHQ folder.

Based on your description, you need to use our Group Account service. To become a group account, please logon www.drivehq.com, go to My Account, then click on Group Account. You can upgrade to a group account for free, which also offers 1 free sub-user license. More user licenses is extremely low priced at only $6/user/year.

Once you become a group account, you can logon www.drivehq.com, click on Group Admin to create/Add/Edit/Delete/Disable sub-users. Each sub-user has its own private "My Storage" folder by default. However, you can create folders in your own account and share different folders to different sub-users and set different levels of access rights.

>>> 2) The executrive director also works on the gallery's own laptop PC (separate from  her personal Mac). I want to sync that separately.

On the laptop PC, you can install DriveHQ FileManager and create a synchronization task. Just select a folder and click on the Synchronize button on FileManager 4.5.

On Mac, we currently don't have our own client software for folder synchronization. You can manually drag and drop files / folders using DriveHQ FTP. For more info about DriveHQ FTP, please visit:

http://www.drivehq.com/ftp/

DriveHQ FTP service is a full feature FTP server hosting service, it has almost all regular FTP server features. It is also integrated with our web-based file server / online storage / backup services. It has a lot more and better features than regular FTP.

>>> 3) We also want to publis documents to the other bord members and our membership so they see ONLY the document of record and not some version tat isn't ready for general distribution.

You can select a folder and publish it to all Internet users. "Publish" makes your files / folders access to any Internet users with logon. Static URLs can also be created this way. "Publish" requires a true or paid account.

If you just want to share files with all group members, you can select a folder and click on Share. Then check to share with the group.

Please note you can share different folders to different users with different access rights. You can also share the same folder to different users with different access rights. To share the same folder again, you just need to use a different share name. When a sub-user logs on, he/she can find the shared folder in his/her special folder:

\DriveHQ Share\YOUR_USERNAME\SHARE_NAME

If you need to change an existing Share, you can go to Manage My Share page.

>> With these requirement, I don't think I need teh Backup service since we're syncing, correct?

It seems so.

Online Backup might still be important, which you can consider later. After all, the feature / software is included for no additional charge.

Dan

6/12/2009 12:02:31 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/12/2009 12:02:31 PM

>>> Hi, there are so many options on drive hq it's confusing. Here's what we want to do. We are a small non-profit art gallery.

Based on your description, you need to use our Group Account service. To become a group account, please logon www.drivehq.com, go to My Account, then click on Group Account. You can upgrade to a group account for free, which also offers 1 free sub-user license. More user licenses is extremely low priced at only $6/user/year.

Once you become a group account, you can logon www.drivehq.com, click on Group Admin to create/Add/Edit/Delete/Disable sub-users. Each sub-user has its own private "My Storage" folder by default. However, you can create folders in your own account and share different folders to different sub-users and set different levels of access rights.

>>> 2) The executrive director also works on the gallery's own laptop PC (separate from  her personal Mac). I want to sync that separately.

On the laptop PC, you can install DriveHQ FileManager and create a synchronization task. Just select a folder and click on the Synchronize button on FileManager 4.5.

On Mac, we currently don't have our own client software for folder synchronization. You can manually drag and drop files / folders using DriveHQ FTP. For more info about DriveHQ FTP, please visit:

DriveHQ FTP service is a full feature FTP server hosting service, it has almost all regular FTP server features. It is also integrated with our web-based file server / online storage / backup services. It has a lot more and better features than regular FTP.

>>> 3) We also want to publis documents to the other bord members and our membership so they see ONLY the document of record and not some version tat isn't ready for general distribution.

You can select a folder and publish it to all Internet users. "Publish" makes your files / folders access to any Internet users with logon. Static URLs can also be created this way. "Publish" requires a true or paid account.

If you just want to share files with all group members, you can select a folder and click on Share. Then check to share with the group.

Please note you can share different folders to different users with different access rights. You can also share the same folder to different users with different access rights. To share the same folder again, you just need to use a different share name. When a sub-user logs on, he/she can find the shared folder in his/her special folder:

>> With these requirement, I don't think I need teh Backup service since we're syncing, correct?

It seems so.

Online Backup might still be important, which you can consider later. After all, the feature / software is included for no additional charge.

Dan

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I do need a clarification for my question 3. When publishing, I want tobe able to have people other than the four roles I mentioned (i.e.e the rest of the board) be able to download a file or view it online. They won't need to write or edit. These would be documents like bylaws, meeting minutes, etc. Can you elaborate any further how I can do that? Thanks!

6/12/2009 1:10:14 PM

User: PCFA  -  6/12/2009 1:10:14 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/12/2009 12:02:31 PM

It seems so.

Dan

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I do need a clarification for my question 3. When publishing, I want tobe able to have people other than the four roles I mentioned (i.e.e the rest of the board) be able to download a file or view it online. They won't need to write or edit. These would be documents like bylaws, meeting minutes, etc. Can you elaborate any further how I can do that? Thanks!

Please note the differences between publishing and sharing.

On DriveHQ.com, publishing means to make the files / folders accessible to anybody on the Internet. That is, anybody can access / download the files / folders if they know the publish URLs. They cannot edit / delete the files.

"Sharing" is you share files / folders to somebody you explictly specify in the Share-to field. When you select a folder and click on the Share button, you can enter the users who you want to share with. Only those users you share to can access the shared folders.

So if you want to share a folder to other group members, you can simply share the same folder again to those other members with read-only access. To share the same folder again, you can select the folder, click on Share button, change the Share name (must be unique), then enter the users you want to share with.

6/13/2009 11:31:42 AM

I have received from my seller of FlashFix_ROOT Program the following Email. But,  I just cant' navigate through your complicated site to recuperate my itgem. Pse help. DenisPoirier (5964)

Hi,

I have shared some files with you on www.DriveHQ.com.

Below is the share info:

Share Name: DenisPoirier2
Share Description: FlashFix_ROOT

10/21/2010 2:04:45 AM

Please just logon www.drivehq.com or DriveHQ FileManager 5.0 client software.

Then look at the special folder:

\DriveHQ Share\

then you can find the username who shared the folder to you; inside of it, you can find the shared folders.

10/21/2010 11:02:39 AM

User: denisp5964  -  10/21/2010 2:04:45 AM

I have received from my seller of FlashFix_ROOT Program the following Email. But,  I just cant' navigate through your complicated site to recuperate my itgem. Pse help. DenisPoirier (5964)

Hi,

I have shared some files with you on www.DriveHQ.com.

Below is the share info:

Share Name: DenisPoirier2
Share Description: FlashFix_ROOT

Hi

can you email the flashFix program from ebay please

email to: drasoufioch@dunflimblag.mailexpire.com 

11/19/2010 1:53:16 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003