x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 26995/3
How do I move a scheduled backup task to a new computer? Is the task definition stored somewhere on my old computer's hard drive?

6/18/2009 9:19:44 AM

You can avoid uploading / downloading the same files again.

Please note:

(1) DriveHQ Online Backup treats backup tasks on different PCs differently. You can only start / stop / Manage tasks created on the current computer. So if you created a task TASK1 on PC1, and then you logon DriveHQ Online Backup from PC2, you cannot start TASK1. In fact it is displayed as PC1.TASK1, and all buttons are greyed except the Migrate button.

(2) If the same files are already in the destination folder, DriveHQ Online Backup will skip uploading / downloading the files.

-------------

Now the best way to migrate the task is:

(1) Copy all source files/folders from your current server/PC to the new server/PC (make sure to keep the files modify time);

(2) Install DriveHQ Online Backup on the new server;

(3) After you logon, you can see the backup task created on your old server, select it and click on Migrate. It will ask you to restore files first. Make sure you select the correct "backup source folder". DriveHQ Online Backup will compare files before it downloads the files from the server. If the same files are already in the new backup source location, it will skip downloading the files.

------------------

If for whatever reason this doesn't work for you, you can delete the backup task but make sure you keep the backup sets on server. (i.e. don't delete files on server).

You can then create the same backup task using the same task name and same source folders. DriveHQ Online Backup will skip uploading files if the same files have been backed up to the same destination folder.

6/19/2009 2:15:44 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/19/2009 2:15:44 AM

Please note:

(1) DriveHQ Online Backup treats backup tasks on different PCs differently. You can only start / stop / Manage tasks created on the current computer. So if you created a task TASK1 on PC1, and then you logon DriveHQ Online Backup from PC2, you cannot start TASK1. In fact it is displayed as PC1.TASK1, and all buttons are greyed except the Migrate button.

(2) If the same files are already in the destination folder, DriveHQ Online Backup will skip uploading / downloading the files.

-------------

(1) Copy all source files/folders from your current server/PC to the new server/PC (make sure to keep the files modify time);

(3) After you logon, you can see the backup task created on your old server, select it and click on Migrate. It will ask you to restore files first. Make sure you select the correct "backup source folder". DriveHQ Online Backup will compare files before it downloads the files from the server. If the same files are already in the new backup source location, it will skip downloading the files.

------------------

If for whatever reason this doesn't work for you, you can delete the backup task but make sure you keep the backup sets on server. (i.e. don't delete files on server).

You can then create the same backup task using the same task name and same source folders. DriveHQ Online Backup will skip uploading files if the same files have been backed up to the same destination folder.

I moved the source files to my new computer and installed DriveHQ Online Backup. I am not able to access the "Manage Tasks" tab. Is it possible that I did not move the backup task definition to my new computer, or are those definitions stored on the site? I've looked at the DriveHQ folder on my old machine to see whether the definitions are there, but I can't find them. How can I delete the backup task so I can recreate it? Thanks in advance for your help.

6/30/2009 4:42:54 PM

User: cookjackson  -  6/30/2009 4:42:54 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/19/2009 2:15:44 AM

Please note:

-------------

------------------

I moved the source files to my new computer and installed DriveHQ Online Backup. I am not able to access the "Manage Tasks" tab. Is it possible that I did not move the backup task definition to my new computer, or are those definitions stored on the site? I've looked at the DriveHQ folder on my old machine to see whether the definitions are there, but I can't find them. How can I delete the backup task so I can recreate it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Well, if you don't see the task list, that's kind of odd. But anyway, you can solve the problem:

(1) Logon DriveHQ Online Backup from the old computer assuming you still have access to it. ( If you no longer have the old computer, skip this step). Delete the backup task, but make sure to Keep the Backup Sets on Server.

This step makes sure that you don't back up files to the same destination folder from two different computers.

(2) You can proceed to re-create the same backup task(s) on the new computer. Please make sure you use the same backup task name and the same source folder. DriveHQ Online Backup can automatically skip uploading the same files to our server.

If you are not sure about your backup task name and source folders, you can logon www.drivehq.com, look at the \DriveHQData\DriveHQ WWWBackup\Data folder.

7/1/2009 2:24:54 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003