x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 18279/1

Hi there, 

I have just setup my account and I'm confused as to how I set folder permissions within my storage. I have about 6 folders that we map to various workstations that I need to apply permissions to. Basic full access and no access is fine. So if a user tries to map a network drive that he/she does not have access to, they will get denied. Their username/password will only allow them to map to the folders they have access to.

Thank you for your help!

Mike

4/18/2017 3:04:50 PM

Thanks for reaching out to us, Mike. 

So permission levels work when folders are shared to other users. You need to first have the folders created on the group admin account, and then share these with your users so when they map drives to the folders, they will be able to see those contents. Obviously they will not be able to see anything that you have not shared with them. 

I believe where you are getting stuck might be due to the fact that you are trying to do all this within the mapped drive environment. Drive Mapping is meant only as a transfer tool. You cannot share, publish, or create users under a mapped drive. So, you will either need to logon through the website or us our FileManager software so that you can physically share the folders with your users. Once the folders are shared to them, the folders will appear under 'DriveHQ Share'. 

Here is a link to the shared topic within our service manual if you are looking for step-by-step instructions: https://www.drivehq.com/servicemanual.aspx#_Toc265186664

Best,
DriveHQ Support
www.DriveHQ.com

4/18/2017 3:31:52 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003