x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 25519/3

Hello,

I have a Group Account that will be used just for sharing and mapping drives to other users. The sub accounts will not be creating/using their own storage in their own accounts. I want to make sure that I am allocating the storage properly as well as bandwidth. Do I just need to allocate all of the storage in my account to the single user sharing the folders (and half to the backup user)?

Also, I mapped a drive to one of our users yesterday and she uploaded approx. 3Gb of data. The upload went through but she complained that it did take about an hour and a half. We have a 50Mb/s upload speed from our ISP but are we limited on the DriveHQ side? If so, can that be upgraded?

Thank you for your continued support,

Mike

4/20/2017 7:49:57 AM

Hi Mike,

Usually, our group management service is handled more like an actual in house file server setup. While you can absolutely have storage space allocated to particular users as you have found, the standard way of handling this would be to have all data housed in your admin account, and then have this shared to your users. This way, you do not need to worry about allocating storage to particular users, and have direct access to the folders within your own account. 

The time that you gave to upload 3GB is definitely slower than usual speeds experienced by clients on DriveHQ. That being said, if she tried uploading the 3GB all at once, then a mapped drive would not be the best option for this. Mapped drives are meant for more easy-access casual use rather than larger transfer tasks. When users try to upload/download more than 1GB at a time, we recommend using either our FileManager software or an FTP client. These tools are designed to handle larger tasks, whereas a mapped drive is designed for convenience. 

Best,
DriveHQ Support

4/20/2017 8:34:31 AM

Understood and makes sense. Once we start migrating from JungleDisk, we'll use the FileManager software.

Also, we are going to neeed more storage as we  have approx. 350GB of data that will be stored throughout the folders in DriveHQ. I am assuming we'll need close to 1TB since we will be using the C2C backups as well. Can you let me know what the cost would be to upgrade to 1TB?

Thanks

4/20/2017 9:08:00 AM

Please go to the subscription page to see a list of all services and pricing: https://www.drivehq.com/secure/Subscribe.aspx. You can select 'more services' to see the 1TB+ options for storage only. 

Best,
DriveHQ Support

4/20/2017 9:28:39 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003