x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 28173/3

Hi,

I've been trying to upload/download files by using Borland C++. Unfortunately it comes up with an error saying that 'socket readln aborted'. Any ideas about what the problem could be. I've tried to logon to other ftp sites using Borland and they all work fine, only seems to be the drivehq one that doesn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Omio

9/6/2009 9:31:52 PM

I'm having the exact same problem with AutoIT which is VB based. I can upload to all other FTP sites just not to DriveHQ. Can any1 point us in the right direction?

9/6/2009 10:33:47 PM

User: wacker  -  9/6/2009 10:33:47 PM

I'm having the exact same problem with AutoIT which is VB based. I can upload to all other FTP sites just not to DriveHQ. Can any1 point us in the right direction?
I got my program to work by setting the FTP session to PASSIVE mode. Not to sure how u connect to FTP in C++ but I'm using AutoIT which uses the wininet.dll $Connection = _FTP_Connect($SessionRef, $Host, $Username, $Password, $Flag) For the 'flag' I changed it to the value of 1 for passive mode. Everything is working just fine now :-) Yay Hope this will help! Good luck!

9/7/2009 11:34:09 AM

User: wacker  -  9/7/2009 11:34:09 AM

User: wacker  -  9/6/2009 10:33:47 PM

I got my program to work by setting the FTP session to PASSIVE mode. Not to sure how u connect to FTP in C++ but I'm using AutoIT which uses the wininet.dll $Connection = _FTP_Connect($SessionRef, $Host, $Username, $Password, $Flag) For the 'flag' I changed it to the value of 1 for passive mode. Everything is working just fine now :-) Yay Hope this will help! Good luck!

Hi wacker,

Thanks for the info. It helped cause it was the same problem for me (i.e. needed to turn it into passive mode connection).

Took a bit effort to get it working though since I'm using a ancient version of Borland (v4). The standard ftp object in BCB v4 doesn't have an option to connect in a passive mode. Had to download a separate component, which had that option.

Cheers.

9/10/2009 10:32:07 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003