x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 44444/7

I set up a new account today. I have not been able to access FTP except through the web interface. When I attempt to enter via Explorer I get "Windows cannot access this folder.  Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details: The connection to the server was reset."

When I attempt to access through an application, I got "Could not login: Socket Error #10054. Connect reset by peer". The description of this error at http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX279586 is "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This normally occurs if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, or the remote host used a "hard close" (see setsockopt(SO_LINGER)) on the remote socket."

The same thing happened on a co-worker's computer.

I'm currently in Afghanistan; internet connections are via satellite.

8/2/2007 4:46:59 AM

Hi, the FTP server is working fine. Please make sure you don't have any anti-virus or network security software that blocks FTP.

You can also use DriveHQ FileManager (on Windows), it has a lot more features than FTP.

8/2/2007 10:17:24 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/2/2007 10:17:24 AM

Hi, the FTP server is working fine. Please make sure you don't have any anti-virus or network security software that blocks FTP.

You can also use DriveHQ FileManager (on Windows), it has a lot more features than FTP.

Thanks. It works fine now at my home internet connection (same laptop), so it must be the office setup. I'll pass this info on to the IT manager.

8/3/2007 10:19:02 AM

I can now login through Explorer or the application, but I cannot add any files. The application rightly idenitifies that the file and does not exist and asks if I want it created, but then says "Cannot upload file on FTP: Access is denied." Likewise Explorer shows the existing folders and files, but when I go to create a folder, the error message reads "An error occurred creating a new folder on the FTP server. Details: 550 Access is denied."

I can create folders and upload files through the drivehq web interface, so that works. I get the same error message when the virus checker is turned off.

Any ideas what to try?

8/8/2007 1:43:30 AM

User: AIMS_mlo  -  8/8/2007 1:43:30 AM

I can now login through Explorer or the application, but I cannot add any files. The application rightly idenitifies that the file and does not exist and asks if I want it created, but then says "Cannot upload file on FTP: Access is denied." Likewise Explorer shows the existing folders and files, but when I go to create a folder, the error message reads "An error occurred creating a new folder on the FTP server. Details: 550 Access is denied."

I can create folders and upload files through the drivehq web interface, so that works. I get the same error message when the virus checker is turned off.

Any ideas what to try?

I assume you are using Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer as the FTP client. Please note Internet Explorer is not a good FTP client. It is recommended using other FTP client software such as FileZilla, CuteFTP, etc.

Anyway, if you like to use Explorer, please logon with this URL:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/

The error message appears to be due to you have not logged on FTP.

It is strongly recommended using DriveHQ FileManager. It has a lot more high-end features and works just as easy as Explorer.

8/8/2007 10:36:15 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/8/2007 10:36:15 AM

Any ideas what to try?

I assume you are using Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer as the FTP client. Please note Internet Explorer is not a good FTP client. It is recommended using other FTP client software such as FileZilla, CuteFTP, etc.

It is strongly recommended using DriveHQ FileManager. It has a lot more high-end features and works just as easy as Explorer.

Actually I was successfully logged in. The problem was that folders or files can not be created. The real application I want to work is MyLifeOrganized. I only use Internet Explorer for a test, but both give the same problem.... Successful Login. Successfully identifies file doesn't exist. Can't upload it.

8/11/2007 7:46:44 AM

User: AIMS_mlo  -  8/11/2007 7:46:44 AM

Any ideas what to try?

Actually I was successfully logged in. The problem was that folders or files can not be created. The real application I want to work is MyLifeOrganized. I only use Internet Explorer for a test, but both give the same problem.... Successful Login. Successfully identifies file doesn't exist. Can't upload it.

Please note you need to use Passive FTP; Active FTP is usually blocked by Firewall.

We have tested FTP server with a lot of different FTP client applications. Please try with popular FTP client software such as FileZilla, WS_FTP or CuteFTP, etc.

Again, you can use the following URL in Internet Explorer:

8/12/2007 1:53:51 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/12/2007 1:53:51 AM

User: AIMS_mlo  -  8/11/2007 7:46:44 AM

Any ideas what to try?

Please note you need to use Passive FTP; Active FTP is usually blocked by Firewall.

We have tested FTP server with a lot of different FTP client applications. Please try with popular FTP client software such as FileZilla, WS_FTP or CuteFTP, etc.

Again, you can use the following URL in Internet Explorer:

In case anyone encounters this same difficulty, the problem we had was that our ISP had FTP use set for read only.

8/15/2007 3:30:57 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003