x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 28122/2

I need to have one file stored online that many people can access. Can I do this with your software ?

I would like to map network drive on PC's, is this possible ?

I dont want to have a file online that multiple can download. I need to keep one file in existance and update that one file by multiple people.

Can you do this ? 

4/5/2010 12:21:34 PM

>>> I need to have one file stored online that many people can access. Can I do this with your software ?

Yes, you can. Multiple people can logon as the same user to edit the same file. For better security and privacy, it is recommended using DriveHQ Group Account service, which is free and offers 1 free sub-user license. More user licenses can be ordered online for only $6/user/year!

>>>I would like to map network drive on PC's, is this possible ?

We have a better solution. Please visit this link:

http://www.drivehq.com/bbs/getmsg.aspx/bbsID110/msg_id11855558/ref_id11834239

>>> I dont want to have a file online that multiple can download. I need to keep one file in existance and update that one file by multiple people.

if  multiple people can edit the same file, then they also can download the file. I assume you don't want to keep multiple copies of the same file? If so, you can keep only one copy by using a Group Shared folder. Create a group account on DriveHQ for free (logon www.drivehq.com, go to My Account, then click on Group account); create sub-user(s), then create a folder in your own account and share the folder to the whole group (or certain users).

To update a file online, usually you need to use DriveHQ FileManager client software. You can open a remote file, edit it and save it. The remote file is first edited and saved in a local cache folder, which is automatically sync-ed back to DriveHQ server. It is far more efficient and reliable than other solutions.

We also support editing MS Office files directly from the website. Logon www.drivehq.com, go to My Storage, open an MS Office file, it will let you to launch MS Office to edit the file. After finished editing, simply click on Save. The method is slower and less reliable, but then you don't need to install any client software.

4/8/2010 12:40:54 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/8/2010 12:40:54 PM

>>> I need to have one file stored online that many people can access. Can I do this with your software ?

Yes, you can. Multiple people can logon as the same user to edit the same file. For better security and privacy, it is recommended using DriveHQ Group Account service, which is free and offers 1 free sub-user license. More user licenses can be ordered online for only $6/user/year!

>>>I would like to map network drive on PC's, is this possible ?

We have a better solution. Please visit this link:

http://www.drivehq.com/bbs/getmsg.aspx/bbsID110/msg_id11855558/ref_id11834239

>>> I dont want to have a file online that multiple can download. I need to keep one file in existance and update that one file by multiple people.

if  multiple people can edit the same file, then they also can download the file. I assume you don't want to keep multiple copies of the same file? If so, you can keep only one copy by using a Group Shared folder. Create a group account on DriveHQ for free (logon www.drivehq.com, go to My Account, then click on Group account); create sub-user(s), then create a folder in your own account and share the folder to the whole group (or certain users).

To update a file online, usually you need to use DriveHQ FileManager client software. You can open a remote file, edit it and save it. The remote file is first edited and saved in a local cache folder, which is automatically sync-ed back to DriveHQ server. It is far more efficient and reliable than other solutions.

We also support editing MS Office files directly from the website. Logon www.drivehq.com, go to My Storage, open an MS Office file, it will let you to launch MS Office to edit the file. After finished editing, simply click on Save. The method is slower and less reliable, but then you don't need to install any client software.

With the latest version 5.0 Cloud Storage and Cloud IT Solution, you can map DriveHQ cloud storage as a network drive. For more info, please visit:

http://www.drivehq.com/mapdrive/

However, please note DriveHQ mapping (WebDAV) is less efficient than FTP or DriveHQ FileManager. If you use DriveHQ FileManager, you can also open a remote file, edit it and save it; the file will be saved to a local cache folder then automatically sync-ed to DriveHQ online storage. This is more efficient and reliable than WebDAV remote drive.

8/28/2010 10:45:45 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003