x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 45184/7

I am new to using drivehq and want to make it so that a group of subusers can upload and download photos but cannot delete them or do anything else.

Can you tell me how to do that?

Thank you

5/9/2010 3:51:02 AM

It works a little differently.

First of all, all users have full access to their own folders and files in their own account. By default, sub-users can be assigned with their own "private" storage space. They can upload files to their own "My Storage" and have full access to those files / folders. (You can logon as sub-users and delete the default files / folders in sub-user accounts and then assign 0 storage space to sub-users).

To restrict sub-users from accessing a folder, you must use a shared folder. You can create a folder in your own account, then share the folder to the sub-user with certain access level. You can set the permission to Read-only, Add / Upload, or Full Access, etc. Sub-users use your account storage space and download bytes when using your shared folders.

If you share a folder to User1 and User2 with "Add / Upload" right, then both User1 and User2 can upload files to the shared folder. User1 cannot modify / delete files uploaded by User2 and vice versa. However, User1 and User2 can delete files uploaded by themselves.

You can also share a folder to User1 and share another folder to User2. This way, User1 cannot see the folder(s) shared to User2 and vice versa.

5/9/2010 11:08:33 AM

I want to use your service for my customers to be able to upload files that i should print for them at my largeformat printer, I want them to only be able to create folder and upload, but i dont want them to be able to delete folders and files, i cannot have a specific username for each customer

11/26/2012 10:11:51 PM

im in trial account now 1gb, i cant find where to ad users at all.

11/26/2012 10:12:52 PM

Hi MBFAB, based on your information, our Drop Box feature is ideal for you. you just need to create a folder in your account (using a web browser), then check the checkbox "This is a drop box folder". Click on Submit, and it will create a drop box folder for you. You can then post the Drop Box URL on your website. Your customers can click on the URL and access the drop box page. They can upload files to your securely without the hassle of logging on.

( Additional customization is also available for a fee. See the customized drop box examples:

http://www.drivehq.com/Dropbox/demo/1/index.html

http://www.drivehq.com/Dropbox/demo/2/index.html

http://www.drivehq.com/Dropbox/demo/3/index.html

http://www.drivehq.com/Dropbox/demo/4/index.html

)

11/27/2012 5:45:12 PM

To create sub-users, you must become a group account first. Just log on www.drivehq.com, go to My Account page, then click on Group Account. You can become a group account for free, which offers 1 free user license. More user licenses can be ordered for an extremely low price at only $6/user/year.

Once you become a group account, you can click on the "Group Admin" link to create and manage your sub-users.

11/27/2012 5:48:25 PM

what is the difference between user and sub-user?

3/3/2013 10:29:38 PM

A user on DriveHQ.com can be an individual user or a part of a group account. If you sign up an account on DriveHQ.com, you will have an individual account. You can logon the website using your own username and password. No other users can access your account.

A group account is usually created by a company. The group owner user can create member users (sub-users) for his group. A sub-user is a group member user. A sub-user has his own username and password, just like any other users on DriveHQ.com. However, the group owner or other group administrators can manage the sub-account, incl. change username and password, allocate storage space and download bytes, edit account info, disable or delete the sub-user.

Business users want to use group account service because it offers them more control over all group members. Also, with a group account, only the group owner needs to order a subscription. All sub-users are treated as premium users if the group owner account is a paid account.

3/4/2013 2:23:00 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003