x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 34646/4

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help as I'm a bit confused.

I have a number of clients for whom I create highly confidential documents. 

I've created separate folders within the "My Encrypted Folder", i.e. clienta, clientb, clientc, clientd, etc.

What I'm hoping to do is drag files into each of the client folders and hopefully be able to share them with clients.

Do I just use one encryption password for the "My Encrypted Folder", and if so, does this encrypt all contents, i.e. all the client folders and any files I've dragged into them? 

Can I then share each of the client folders with the appropriate client and have them use Filemanager to download their files, with them being securely encrypted and automatically decrypted during the download process?

I've read all the information I can find about the My Encrypted Folder, but it's rather confusing.  Hopefully, someone can help me get a clear understanding of exactly how this folder works and whether all folders I create within it are protected as well as any documents I store in the client subfolders.

I imagine only those I give permission to will be able to access the files.

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Cheers :)

5/24/2010 12:57:01 AM

DriveHQ Encrypted Folder feature is very secure. Your files are encrypted locally using your own encryption key, which is never sent to DriveHQ server. Your files will remain encrypted on DriveHQ server. Without your encryption key, even DriveHQ support team cannot decrypt your files.

Sharing of encrypted folders is more complicated than sharing regular folders. You could use the encrypted folder feature, share to other people and provide the encryption key to them. The challenging part is: you will give the other people your encryption key. This may not be suitable in many cases.

Using DriveHQ Group Account, you can more easily solve the problem. In stead of providing your own encryption key, you can create a sub-user account for sharing files between you and your client. Both you and your client can logon as the same sub-user. You can then set an encryption key for the sub-user's encrypted folder; and give the same encryption to your client.

All files uploaded to the encrypted folder:

\My Documents\My Encrypted Data

are automatically encrypted locally and keep encrypted on server. So you must use DriveHQ FileManager (or DriveHQ Online Backup) to download them. When you download an encrypted file using DriveHQ client software, the file is automatically decrypted locally. (It will prompt you for the encryption key during the first download, if download from a different PC).

If you need to share ultimate secure documents with more people, then you can create a sub-user account for each client. Different users can use different encryption key.

Dependent on your needs, you might use the same sub-user account for multiple clients; or you can delete / edit a sub-user account after you have finished sharing secure files.

5/25/2010 6:09:50 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  5/25/2010 6:09:50 PM

DriveHQ Encrypted Folder feature is very secure. Your files are encrypted locally using your own encryption key, which is never sent to DriveHQ server. Your files will remain encrypted on DriveHQ server. Without your encryption key, even DriveHQ support team cannot decrypt your files.

Sharing of encrypted folders is more complicated than sharing regular folders. You could use the encrypted folder feature, share to other people and provide the encryption key to them. The challenging part is: you will give the other people your encryption key. This may not be suitable in many cases.

Using DriveHQ Group Account, you can more easily solve the problem. In stead of providing your own encryption key, you can create a sub-user account for sharing files between you and your client. Both you and your client can logon as the same sub-user. You can then set an encryption key for the sub-user's encrypted folder; and give the same encryption to your client.

are automatically encrypted locally and keep encrypted on server. So you must use DriveHQ FileManager (or DriveHQ Online Backup) to download them. When you download an encrypted file using DriveHQ client software, the file is automatically decrypted locally. (It will prompt you for the encryption key during the first download, if download from a different PC).

If you need to share ultimate secure documents with more people, then you can create a sub-user account for each client. Different users can use different encryption key.

Dependent on your needs, you might use the same sub-user account for multiple clients; or you can delete / edit a sub-user account after you have finished sharing secure files.

Thank you for your reply.

I must say I am still a bit confused but in my experience that is often the case with encryption methods.

Here is what I would like to do and I hope you can let me know if it is possible.

Using the information you provided, I would like to create a group called clients.  In this group I would like to setup multiple folders, one per client.  All of the information in each of the separate clients needs to be encrypted.  If I use the client's name as the name of the folder, I do not want clients to see anyone else's folder but their own.

I would also like each client to download FileManager to their computer so they can drag files into their folder as well as retreive files I have put into their folder.

Is it possible to do this with everything encrypted and with clients only seeing their own named encrypted folder.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

6/2/2010 5:02:06 PM

User: medipro_admin  -  6/2/2010 5:02:06 PM

I must say I am still a bit confused but in my experience that is often the case with encryption methods.

Here is what I would like to do and I hope you can let me know if it is possible.

Using the information you provided, I would like to create a group called clients.  In this group I would like to setup multiple folders, one per client.  All of the information in each of the separate clients needs to be encrypted.  If I use the client's name as the name of the folder, I do not want clients to see anyone else's folder but their own.

I would also like each client to download FileManager to their computer so they can drag files into their folder as well as retreive files I have put into their folder.

Is it possible to do this with everything encrypted and with clients only seeing their own named encrypted folder.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

>> Here is what I would like to do and I hope you can let me know if it is possible. Using the information you provided, I would like to create a group called clients.  In this group I would like to setup multiple folders, one per client.  All of the information in each of the separate clients needs to be encrypted.  If I use the client's name as the name of the folder, I do not want clients to see anyone else's folder but their own.

You need to create a group account, then create a sub-user account for each client. Each sub-user will have its own private and secure "My Storage" folder. Any sub-user can only see folders in its own account.

As the Group Admin, you can logon as any sub-user to access folders / files in any sub-user accounts.

If you and your clients use the encrypted folder feature, then each client must have an encryption key, which they can create themselves, or you can create for them. Your clients must share the encryption key(s) with you. Both you and your clients will logon as the same sub-username and password. e.g. if you have a sub-user1 and sub-user2, sub-user1 has an encryption key "kkkkkkkkkkk", then both you and sub-user1 can logon as sub-user1 and use the same encryption key to upload / download the files in the encrypted folder.

>> I would also like each client to download FileManager to their computer so they can drag files into their folder as well as retreive files I have put into their folder.

No problem.

>> Is it possible to do this with everything encrypted and with clients only seeing their own named encrypted folder.

Yes, please read above. "their own named encrypted folder": this is different. Each client will use its own encrypted folder in its own account. You will logon as different clients (sub-users) to access the encrypted files in different sub-user accounts.

6/3/2010 4:02:51 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/3/2010 4:02:51 AM

User: medipro_admin  -  6/2/2010 5:02:06 PM

Thanks again.

Cheers.

>> Here is what I would like to do and I hope you can let me know if it is possible. Using the information you provided, I would like to create a group called clients.  In this group I would like to setup multiple folders, one per client.  All of the information in each of the separate clients needs to be encrypted.  If I use the client's name as the name of the folder, I do not want clients to see anyone else's folder but their own.

You need to create a group account, then create a sub-user account for each client. Each sub-user will have its own private and secure "My Storage" folder. Any sub-user can only see folders in its own account.

As the Group Admin, you can logon as any sub-user to access folders / files in any sub-user accounts.

If you and your clients use the encrypted folder feature, then each client must have an encryption key, which they can create themselves, or you can create for them. Your clients must share the encryption key(s) with you. Both you and your clients will logon as the same sub-username and password. e.g. if you have a sub-user1 and sub-user2, sub-user1 has an encryption key "kkkkkkkkkkk", then both you and sub-user1 can logon as sub-user1 and use the same encryption key to upload / download the files in the encrypted folder.

>> I would also like each client to download FileManager to their computer so they can drag files into their folder as well as retreive files I have put into their folder.

No problem.

>> Is it possible to do this with everything encrypted and with clients only seeing their own named encrypted folder.

Yes, please read above. "their own named encrypted folder": this is different. Each client will use its own encrypted folder in its own account. You will logon as different clients (sub-users) to access the encrypted files in different sub-user accounts.

Thanks again for your help.  Much appreciated.

Cheers. 

6/7/2010 7:50:30 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003