x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 23339/1

2 days ago I attempted to synchronize a set of local folders.  The synchronizatioon began -- but never completed. I now have the \argituz\_DHQ_SyncCache_\ showing plus (apparently) the set of folders that were scheduled to be sync'ed.  (I originally had only one root folder -- 'argituz'.  Clicking on the folders or the Synchonize button in Drive HQ file Manager yields an error message that  "Synchronizing teh folder 'argituz'. Please wait until the upload/download taks are finished." Well, its been two days, LOL. I don't think its going to complete.

In FTP view, I have folders all over the place, although in File Manager view,  only the Synchcache and the six folders (I guess) remaining to be sync'ed.

What to do?

BTW, I tried Search, but its broken ATM - in IE it just keeps reloading, In FF - you get a Server Error:

Server Error

The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.

If the problem persists, please mail error@google.com and mention this error message and the query that caused it.

No Matter - thanks for an excellent product.

Jon B

6/25/2010 6:35:14 AM

>> 2 days ago I attempted to synchronize a set of local folders.  The synchronizatioon began -- but never completed. I now have the \argituz\_DHQ_SyncCache_\ showing plus (apparently) the set of folders that were scheduled to be sync'ed.  (I originally had only one root folder -- 'argituz'.  Clicking on the folders or the Synchonize button in Drive HQ file Manager yields an error message that  "Synchronizing teh folder 'argituz'. Please wait until the upload/download taks are finished." Well, its been two days, LOL. I don't think its going to complete.

This is not actually an error message. It is quite confusing, we agree! The message actually tells you to check if there are any uploading / downloading tasks. If no files are being uploaded / downloaded, then the synchronization has finished successfully. It was designed this way because the information dialog is not linked with the progress info at the bottom of FileManager screen. We are making a very good progress on FileManager 5.0, which will fix this "bug".

The "_DHQ_SyncCache_" folders are automatically created to backup "automatically deleted files / folders". Folder synchronization can be "dangerous". If you accidentally delete a file in a sync-ed folder, the same file in the other sync-ed folder will also be deleted. This could cause data loss and it happened to a few customers before. FileManager now backs up those automatically deleted files / folders. In FileManager 5.0, the files / folders in  "_DHQ_SyncCache_" folders will be automatically deleted after a few days.

In FTP view, I have folders all over the place, although in File Manager view,  only the Synchcache and the six folders (I guess) remaining to be sync'ed.

Sorry we are not sure about your meaning of "In FTP view, I have folders all over the place".

What to do?

BTW, I tried Search, but its broken ATM - in IE it just keeps reloading, In FF - you get a Server Error:

Server Error

The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.

If the problem persists, please mail error@google.com and mention this error message and the query that caused it.

Could you please tell us more details about how to duplicate the problem? Did you search the support forum or online help? You can also directly email to DriveHQ customer support.

No Matter - thanks for an excellent product.

6/25/2010 11:51:10 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003