x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 36790/5

I'm looking for the capability to upload excel spread sheets on the web. The capabilities I am looking for are as follows;

1. shared access by multiple users

2. controlled dcoument editing and/or read only capabilities by user

3. controlled access using username and passwords

Will Drive HQ allow for each of these criteria..

Best Regards

Ken

7/16/2010 10:04:42 AM

Yes, DriveHQ supports it.

You need to use our group account service, which is designed for group sharing and collaboration. Group Account service is free and offers 1 free sub-user license. So you can try it for free. Just logon www.drivehq.com, go to My Account, then click on Group Account to become a group account.

Once you become a group account, you can create / add / edit / delete / disable sub-users. You can then create folders in your own account, and you can share different folders to different users (sub-groups, contact groups) with different permissions.

You can also share the same folder again to another user(s) (sub-groups or contact groups) with different permission. When sharing a folder again, please make sure to change the share name as the Share Names must be unique.

Your sub-users can logon and access folders shared to them in the special virtual folder:

\DriveHQ Share\YOUR_USERNAME\

They can only see folders shared to them. (Each user also has its own private storage space)

-----------------

Using DriveHQ FileManager client software, you can directly open a remote file, edit it and save it directly. The file will be saved in a local cache folder first, then automatically sync-ed back to DriveHQ server.

7/16/2010 10:19:38 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/16/2010 10:19:38 AM

You need to use our group account service, which is designed for group sharing and collaboration. Group Account service is free and offers 1 free sub-user license. So you can try it for free. Just logon www.drivehq.com, go to My Account, then click on Group Account to become a group account.

Once you become a group account, you can create / add / edit / delete / disable sub-users. You can then create folders in your own account, and you can share different folders to different users (sub-groups, contact groups) with different permissions.

You can also share the same folder again to another user(s) (sub-groups or contact groups) with different permission. When sharing a folder again, please make sure to change the share name as the Share Names must be unique.

Your sub-users can logon and access folders shared to them in the special virtual folder:

They can only see folders shared to them. (Each user also has its own private storage space)

-----------------

Using DriveHQ FileManager client software, you can directly open a remote file, edit it and save it directly. The file will be saved in a local cache folder first, then automatically sync-ed back to DriveHQ server.

Thank you for your below reply. I would however like to drill down and receive clarification to one specific item and that is giving users the ability to edit "documents" within files. Please confirm DRIVEHQ will permit this.

Thank you.

Ken

7/16/2010 11:45:24 AM

User: khoward360  -  7/16/2010 11:45:24 AM

-----------------

Thank you for your below reply. I would however like to drill down and receive clarification to one specific item and that is giving users the ability to edit "documents" within files. Please confirm DRIVEHQ will permit this.

Thank you.

Ken

>>>Thank you for your below reply. I would however like to drill down and receive clarification to one specific item and that is giving users the ability to edit "documents" within files. Please confirm DRIVEHQ will permit this.

-

Sorry we are not sure about your question. Please clarify your question.

You can directly open a remote file using DriveHQ FileManager, then edit it; after finish, just click on Save to save the file. It is saved in a local cache and then automatically sync-ed to DriveHQ server (in the background).

7/16/2010 1:07:30 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/16/2010 1:07:30 PM

-----------------

Thank you.

Ken

>>>Thank you for your below reply. I would however like to drill down and receive clarification to one specific item and that is giving users the ability to edit "documents" within files. Please confirm DRIVEHQ will permit this.

-

You can directly open a remote file using DriveHQ FileManager, then edit it; after finish, just click on Save to save the file. It is saved in a local cache and then automatically sync-ed to DriveHQ server (in the background).

For example. We are looking to upload an excel document  (spreadsheet) into a DRIVEHQ. We then will have an need to have this excel document function as a live document. In order words the users we granted access to this document will be required to add, change/edit the information in this excel document while uploaded in DriveHQ. Does DIRVEHQ offer this capability.

Best Regards

Ken

7/17/2010 10:06:37 AM

User: khoward360  -  7/17/2010 10:06:37 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/16/2010 1:07:30 PM

-----------------

Thank you.

Ken

-

For example. We are looking to upload an excel document  (spreadsheet) into a DRIVEHQ. We then will have an need to have this excel document function as a live document. In order words the users we granted access to this document will be required to add, change/edit the information in this excel document while uploaded in DriveHQ. Does DIRVEHQ offer this capability.

Best Regards

Ken

Hi Ken, we are not so sure about your question. But my guess is you just want to be able to: Open a remote file, edit it and save it back to the remote storage. If so, yes, you can use DriveHQ FileManager client software to do so. Just double click on a remote file in FileManager, then open it and edit it.

After you finish editing, just use the Save function to save the file. The file is saved in a local cache folder and then automatically sync-ed back to DriveHQ server.

-----------

DriveHQ is working on a new "Cloud Storage & Cloud IT Solution 5.0". We now expect to release it within 2 weeks. While we canceled supporting WebDAV drive mapping a few years ago, we will add it back in the version 5.0 release.

7/18/2010 1:38:41 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003