x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24891/3
So I have spent a few hours trying to figure out how to password protect the FTP site we have set up.

If at all possible I want to be able to give my clients ftp://ftp.drivehq.com/username/foldername

and have them access the folder after having to put in a password, or a username and password...

is this possible? i feel like several times i read on your site that it is... but anytime i type in ftp://ftp.drivehq.com/username/foldername it just pops right up.

//AJR

10/16/2007 3:56:19 PM

If you want to password protect it, you need to create a sub-account for your customer. You can use DriveHQ Group Account service to create sub-accounts for other people. You have full control over sub-accounts, including Create/edit/delete/disable/change password/logon as, etc. You can allocate storage and download bytes to your sub user.

Once you have created an account, you can share a folder to the sub-account and specify a permission level. Your customer can then logon FTP using the sub-account username / password. He can see your shared folders in his \DriveHQShare\ folder.

10/16/2007 10:46:58 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/16/2007 10:46:58 PM

If you want to password protect it, you need to create a sub-account for your customer. You can use DriveHQ Group Account service to create sub-accounts for other people. You have full control over sub-accounts, including Create/edit/delete/disable/change password/logon as, etc. You can allocate storage and download bytes to your sub user.

Once you have created an account, you can share a folder to the sub-account and specify a permission level. Your customer can then logon FTP using the sub-account username / password. He can see your shared folders in his \DriveHQShare\ folder.

and how do i create subaccounts? i love the idea of your site, and it seems like once i figure it out, it'll be amazing... but for the past day i've been struggling to find a lot of things the site seems to say you can do...

//ajr

10/17/2007 9:39:03 AM

User: formatent  -  10/17/2007 9:39:03 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/16/2007 10:46:58 PM

and how do i create subaccounts? i love the idea of your site, and it seems like once i figure it out, it'll be amazing... but for the past day i've been struggling to find a lot of things the site seems to say you can do...

//ajr
Please logon www.drivehq.com, click on My Account, then click on Group Account. Once you upgraded to a group account, you can click on the Group Admin to create sub-accounts (or add existing users to your group). You have full control over sub-accounts, including add/delete/edit sub-accounts. Please make sure to allocate storage and download bytes to your sub-account.

10/17/2007 11:44:47 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003