x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 34938/6
I'm using DriveHQ to host an FTP site. My client is a large financial data services firm and has asked me the following question:

We will need you to permission our IP addresses across your firewall and then we can get started.

Can you help me understand what they need and how I can provide this to them?

12/4/2007 12:13:55 PM

By default, we allow any IPs to connect to DriveHQ FTP server, which means we don't need to add your IPs to our "allow" list. On the other hand, we cannot block other IPs from accessing our FTP server as it is a generic FTP hosting service.

Now if you need to store very sensitive financial info on our website, it is strongly recommended using our Encrypted Folder or Backup with Encryption feature. You need to use DriveHQ FileManager or DriveHQ Online Backup. You can also set FileManager and Online Backup to use SSL.

12/4/2007 2:39:30 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  12/4/2007 2:39:30 PM

By default, we allow any IPs to connect to DriveHQ FTP server, which means we don't need to add your IPs to our "allow" list. On the other hand, we cannot block other IPs from accessing our FTP server as it is a generic FTP hosting service.

Now if you need to store very sensitive financial info on our website, it is strongly recommended using our Encrypted Folder or Backup with Encryption feature. You need to use DriveHQ FileManager or DriveHQ Online Backup. You can also set FileManager and Online Backup to use SSL.

Thank you very much for your reply. I sent my client your response and received the following reply: "From my understanding, the permissioning needs to be applied to your Firewall settings. I believe this is separate from the FTP server settings. We are able to get logged into the FTP site as well as change directory to BMFiles. However, when we try to pull the file we encounter an error... RETR STBM2811.xls <150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for file transfer. <550 Attempt to use third party FTP not permitted FTP connection failure" Can you tell me what I've done incorrectly and how I can remedy it? Thank you.

12/4/2007 3:59:37 PM

User: GP Analytics  -  12/4/2007 3:59:37 PM

Thank you very much for your reply. I sent my client your response and received the following reply: "From my understanding, the permissioning needs to be applied to your Firewall settings. I believe this is separate from the FTP server settings. We are able to get logged into the FTP site as well as change directory to BMFiles. However, when we try to pull the file we encounter an error... RETR STBM2811.xls <150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for file transfer. <550 Attempt to use third party FTP not permitted FTP connection failure" Can you tell me what I've done incorrectly and how I can remedy it? Thank you.

No, the error message doesn't look to be from DriveHQ FTP server.

It seems you have firewalls on your side that blocked it from accessing our FTP server. If you feel this is wrong, please tell me which FTP client software he is using. We have a lot of people all over the world using our service; it is not possible for us to add IPs one by one.

Please note Windows Explorer might be used as a quick and primitive FTP client, just enter:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/

12/5/2007 3:43:17 AM

User: GP Analytics  -  12/4/2007 3:59:37 PM

sir i need ip of drive hq

8/13/2010 1:08:32 PM

You can easily find the IP address of a server using its DNS name. For example, to find the IP address of www.drivehq.com, you can open a Windows command window, (Console Window), type in the command:

ping www.drivehq.com

You will see the response as follows:

Pinging www.drivehq.com [66.220.9.57] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 66.220.9.57:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

So you can see the IP address is 66.220.9.57

You can do the same with our FTP server: ftp.drivehq.com and email server: mail.drivehq.com

8/28/2010 10:17:32 AM

I have open links to educational material on your server such as SWF and PDF files.
Lately there is an IP that is downloading huge amounts of files over and over again.
Is there any way to block an IP?
It is:  82.80.196.44

12/3/2012 2:57:03 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003