x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 21713/2

Hi

I am trying to map a folder in my DriveHQ, so that I can save documents directly to that mapped drive.

Can anyone help me with a solution?

Regards

Jørgen

10/25/2007 2:38:21 AM

We have stopped supporting Drive mapping over the Internet due to the inherent problems with this approach. When network is slow or inaccessible, it can freeze your desktop; if you are saving a large file to an online drive, and if the network becomes unavailable, your application can be locked or crashed and causing loss of data.

It is also slow saving files to online drive directly. DriveHQ has developed a much better product: DriveHQ FileManager. It also bundles DriveHQ Desktop Express, which maps a My DriveHQ folder in your "My Computer" folder allowing easy accessing DriveHQ storage from Windows Explorer.

For saving files directly to DriveHQ, you can open files within FileManager, and when finished editing, simply save it and the file will be synced back to DriveHQ storage. You can also create a synchronized folder using FileManager; so you can save files to a local folder and FileManager can automatically sync them to DriveHQ storage.

You can also try FTP folder using DriveHQ FTP. From Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer, enter the following URL:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/

10/25/2007 12:44:20 PM

Update as of 10/2/2014:

For users using our drive mapping service on Windows, we now strongly recommend installing our WebDAV Drive Mapping Tool:

It is extremely easy. Just log on to the tool and you will be able to map a drive. You don't need to optimize the performance yourself any more. The tool will automatically fine tune the performance and reliability for you. As the result, DriveHQ Enterprise WebDAV Solution is more reliable than almost any other WebDAV services.

For system administrators, you can configure your sub-users to automatically map to a specific folder. It works just like your in-house file server, you can map multiple drives, incl. shared drives and set various levels of permissions to different users.

--------------------

If you like DriveHQ FileManager, please note FileManager also supports editing remote files directly.Just double click on a remote file to open it, then edit it and save it. FileManager will automatically save the file in a cache folder, then sync the file back to DriveHQ cloud storage.

10/2/2014 3:12:45 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003