x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 39071/5

Tried to install File Manager today with no success.  Not a neophyte, have installed many 3rd party programs, do file transfers using other software. Every time I tro to install, it fails at the beginning, get a Windows error message, "InstallScript Launcher encountered a problem and needs to close".  Happens whether or not Norton Av is on/active.  This is the Win 32 package.  I see this has happened in the past.  Disappointing. I have to use FileZilla to upload, then use the web browser to go into my account to set up sharing, instead of doing it at one time in File Manager.

9/17/2010 3:09:58 PM

Thank you for reporting the problem. However, such problem is unlikely to be directly related with DriveHQ as we have million users and we have not heard of any such reports. The problem could be caused by:

(1) The installer file was not downloaded correctly. Please double check the integrity of the exe file. Select the file, right click on it to see the file size, the current 5.0 version should have a file size of exactly 11,230,880 bytes. Also when you double click on it, it should pop up a security dialog and you should be able to verify the Publisher name being "Drive Headquarters, Inc" signed by a digital certificate.

We are not sure why the file may have become corrupted. However, some anti-virus software / security software may have caused the trouble. You might want to disable your anti-virus software / security software briefly to make sure you can download a correct version software. Try to use a different web browser to download the installer file again (or make sure you clear the web browser cache before downloading again). If you used 3rd party download manager software to download our installer, please also try to download the file again using a web browser (without download manager)

(2) If it is not due to file corruption, then some 3rd party software installed on your computer could have caused the problem. If you have another PC, please try to install it on a different PC and then compare the differences of the two PCs. We have seen some anti-virus software blocking the download of DriveHQ installer files; we have also seen some anti-virus software automatically rename EXE files to other file extensions, etc. Some anti-virus / security software may also prevent DriveHQ client software from connecting to the Internet.

9/17/2010 3:51:32 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  9/17/2010 3:51:32 PM

Thank you for reporting the problem. However, such problem is unlikely to be directly related with DriveHQ as we have million users and we have not heard of any such reports. The problem could be caused by:

(1) The installer file was not downloaded correctly. Please double check the integrity of the exe file. Select the file, right click on it to see the file size, the current 5.0 version should have a file size of exactly 11,230,880 bytes. Also when you double click on it, it should pop up a security dialog and you should be able to verify the Publisher name being "Drive Headquarters, Inc" signed by a digital certificate.

We are not sure why the file may have become corrupted. However, some anti-virus software / security software may have caused the trouble. You might want to disable your anti-virus software / security software briefly to make sure you can download a correct version software. Try to use a different web browser to download the installer file again (or make sure you clear the web browser cache before downloading again). If you used 3rd party download manager software to download our installer, please also try to download the file again using a web browser (without download manager)

(2) If it is not due to file corruption, then some 3rd party software installed on your computer could have caused the problem. If you have another PC, please try to install it on a different PC and then compare the differences of the two PCs. We have seen some anti-virus software blocking the download of DriveHQ installer files; we have also seen some anti-virus software automatically rename EXE files to other file extensions, etc. Some anti-virus / security software may also prevent DriveHQ client software from connecting to the Internet.

The problem appears to be a conflict with the Photoshekter upload software, which I need for a regular client.  Looks like I am stuck with having to use FileZilla to upload and then a second step of managing the files through the web browser.

9/19/2010 10:14:58 AM

Meant to write Photoshelter.

9/19/2010 10:15:37 AM

well i have linux i386 and cant download my files to my computer what do i do 

10/9/2010 5:03:35 PM

On Linux, please use DriveHQ FTP service to download files / folders. For more info, please visit:

http://www.drivehq.com/ftp/ 

click on FAQ and Expand All for FTP server info. Click on Software tab to find FTP client software. Linux users can use FileZilla free FTP client.

10/12/2010 2:05:36 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003