x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 29574/5
I have a little question about the bandwidth policy.

Qoute:
"To avoid abuse there is a limit placed on your bandwidth usage if we believe it is unreasonably high. In general you don't need to pay for bandwidth; if your account has high activity (including other people accessing your shared/published files), it could run out of bandwidth and your files will no longer be accessible. Bandwidth limit is based on monthly usage and is automatically reset after one month."

I understand there's a fair use policy, but my question is roughly what is classed as unreasonably high bandwidth usage in terms of the web hosting?
And how many hits would be classed as high activity?

Thanks for your time.
diezil

10/8/2007 10:38:24 AM

Please note a True Account is still a Free Service Account. The Free Service is designed for personal and casual use only. If you use it for business purposes or if you use it very heavily, you should upgrade to a paid account.

There are quite a lot of restrictions to free services. Generally speaking, free service is good if you backup or share digital photos. 1GB storage is good for about 500-1000 high-resolution digital photos. If you share very large video files, big software application installer files, or if you want to backup your whole PC, the free service is not enough.

For a paid service, if you order N GB storage, you get 4 x N GB of monthly download bytes. Please note your monthly download bytes resets on the day-of-month when you signed up DriveHQ.com (not the day-of-month when you ordered the paid service, or 1st of each month)

10/9/2007 1:20:03 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/9/2007 1:20:03 AM

Please note a True Account is still a Free Service Account. The Free Service is designed for personal and casual use only. If you use it for business purposes or if you use it very heavily, you should upgrade to a paid account.

There are quite a lot of restrictions to free services. Generally speaking, free service is good if you backup or share digital photos. 1GB storage is good for about 500-1000 high-resolution digital photos. If you share very large video files, big software application installer files, or if you want to backup your whole PC, the free service is not enough.

For a paid service, if you order N GB storage, you get 4 x N GB of monthly download bytes. Please note your monthly download bytes resets on the day-of-month when you signed up DriveHQ.com (not the day-of-month when you ordered the paid service, or 1st of each month)

i am a paid member and my bandwidth didn't reset for 2 months :(((((

10/9/2007 2:25:02 PM

User: zhliew  -  10/9/2007 2:25:02 PM

Hi, I checked your account; your bandwidth was reset on 9/28. Please note if you shared a lot of files, or any very big files to other people,  then they could have downloaded your files and using your download bytes.

If you published files here, and if you linked them from other popular websites, it could generate a lot of network traffic, which also uses your download bytes. Anyway, I have reset your download bytes for this month. If you continue using a lot of bandwidth, then you might want to upgrade to a higher level service.

10/9/2007 9:14:10 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/9/2007 9:14:10 PM

Hi, I checked your account; your bandwidth was reset on 9/28. Please note if you shared a lot of files, or any very big files to other people,  then they could have downloaded your files and using your download bytes.

If you published files here, and if you linked them from other popular websites, it could generate a lot of network traffic, which also uses your download bytes. Anyway, I have reset your download bytes for this month. If you continue using a lot of bandwidth, then you might want to upgrade to a higher level service.

4GB bandwidth for the 2.99 plan.
But what's the bandwidth max for  Free/True accounts?

10/28/2007 11:09:10 AM

User: BurkesRealm  -  10/28/2007 11:09:10 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/9/2007 9:14:10 PM

4GB bandwidth for the 2.99 plan.
But what's the bandwidth max for  Free/True accounts?

The bandwidth for free / true users ranges from 200MB to 1GB, dependent on how many advanced features they have used.

It is strongly recommended using DriveHQ FileManager and DriveHQ Online Backup. DriveHQ has a lot of great features such as automatic online backup, group sharing and folder synchronization, FTP/SMTP/POP3 hosting services, etc.

11/3/2007 4:26:32 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003