x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 29821/3

I am working with a client who needs to FTP a file with sensitive data to me.  I had provided them IP address 66.220.9.50.21 and a guest account but they say they must use IPSEC through a VPN connection.  They have concerns with the security of the data.  Can you help?

10/28/2010 2:45:44 PM

IPSEC VPN connection is usually only available to multiple offices of the same company. In this case, we cannot offer VPN to customers. (we can only offer it to our employees or big enterprise customers).

You don't need VPN for high security. You can use SSL. DriveHQ.com website supports SSL / HTTPS; our FTP server also supports FTP over SSL.

If you use a Windows PC, you can install DriveHQ FileManager, which supports both HTTPS/SSL and Encrypted Folder. If you use Encrypted Folder feature, it is extremely secure as you can encrypt your files locally before they are uploaded. The encryption key is never sent to DriveHQ server.

10/28/2010 10:58:02 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/28/2010 10:58:02 PM

IPSEC VPN connection is usually only available to multiple offices of the same company. In this case, we cannot offer VPN to customers. (we can only offer it to our employees or big enterprise customers).

You don't need VPN for high security. You can use SSL. DriveHQ.com website supports SSL / HTTPS; our FTP server also supports FTP over SSL.

If you use a Windows PC, you can install DriveHQ FileManager, which supports both HTTPS/SSL and Encrypted Folder. If you use Encrypted Folder feature, it is extremely secure as you can encrypt your files locally before they are uploaded. The encryption key is never sent to DriveHQ server.

Thank you, this is very helpful.  Can I allow someone with a guest account to put and get files using the "My Encrypted Data" folder?

10/29/2010 9:59:47 AM

Yes, you can. You can use our group account service. The group account service is free and comes with 1 free sub-user license. More user licenses can be ordered at a very low price of $2.99/month for 5-user licenses.

The group owner account can create sub-users. You can create 4 different types of sub-users, including a guest user. If you share your encryption key and the encrypted folder with your guest user, then he / she can access the encrypted folder.

10/29/2010 12:04:02 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003