x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 18976/1

Can I set different default folders for my sub-users? How?

5/15/2020 9:23:35 AM

The default FTP folder is initially set to the My Storage root folder ("\") for all users.

(1) If you have an Enterprise (Group) Account, you can set a default folder in the Group Options page. 
Please note each sub-user has his/her own My Storage. A user cannot see other users' My Storage folders. A group owner can create folders in his own account, then share them with different sub-users and set different permissions. When a sub-user logs on, he/she can access the shared folder from the special share location:
          \DriveHQShare\GROUP_OWNER\SHARE_NAME
Sub-users cannot see folders not shared to them.

To set a different default folder for all sub-users, you can log on as the group owner, then go to the Group Admin page. Click Group Options. Please see the screenshot below:

You can set the default folder to:
    \DriveHQShare
    \DriveHQShare\GROUPOWNER_USERNAME\GroupWrite
    \DriveHQShare\GROUPOWNER_USERNAME\SUB_USERNAME

If you select "Subuser Folder in DriveHQShare", it will automatically create a shared folder in the group owner account for each sub-user. These folders are also automatically shared with the corresponding sub-users. The default FTP folder is set to:
    \DriveHQShare\GROUPOWNER_USERNAME\SUB_USERNAME

(2) You can also set a default folder for each sub-user individually.

Log on to the sub-user account. (As a group owner/admin, you can use the group admin feature to log on as a sub-user.) Then go to Account Options page, click the Account Option tab, you can enter a default folder path as shown in the screenshot below:

With this method, you can set the default folder to any folder in My Storage or DriveHQShare (i.e. folders shared with you by other users).

------------------

The FTP default folder is also the default folder when you log on to DriveHQ.com website or DriveHQ FileManager client software.

5/17/2020 1:43:47 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003