x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 18312/1
Hi

my problem is with FileManager v3.8 Build 260 running on windows XP SP-2.

a little background: I have synchronized my entire Firefox Profile folder on my  Laptop with a folder in "My Storage". all i did was :

- browse to where Firefox folder is normally created and select it
 -  click "Synchronize" button
 - create a new folder called "Firefox" in "My Storage"
 - tick
          * enable automatically synchronize from server to local
          * enable automatically synchronize from local to server
 -and click Ok.

so that was easy! this way i always have an up to date Profile Backup, online ready to use right!

but now, when i try to Synchronize the folder called "Firefox" (which is my synchronized Firefox folder)in "My Storage" with any local folder on another/any computer, when i try to tick either of:

* enable automatically synchronize from server to local
        * enable automatically synchronize from local to server

FileManager tells me:

"Synchronization cannot be setup because the folder is a sub folder or a parent folder of a synchronized folder"

can you please help?

if i can't do this then i have to manually update my Firefox profiles on my other pcs, since FileManager is not letting my to synchronize the Firefox folder in DriveHQ with my Local folders on other PCs except the one it was originally created on (my laptop).

please help. Thank you

11/25/2007 11:49:32 PM

The current version FileManager doesn't allow synchronizing a folder and its subfolder(s) at the same time. For example, if you have a local folder:

"C:\A\B\C"

And if you have synchronized "C:\A" with a folder on DriveHQ "\A", then you cannot synchronize "C:\A\B" with another folder on DriveHQ "\B". Note the folder "C:\A\B" is already synchronized with the folder "\A\B" on DriveHQ.com.

11/26/2007 12:22:45 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003