x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24366/3
Can you do drive mapping to DriveHQ
your faq says to use wwwDrive but it seems to not be available anymore

thanks
Chad

10/1/2006 3:45:10 PM

We used to support Drive-mapping through WWWDrive client softwrae. We have canceled the support several months ago as FileManager 3.0 is much more efficient and reliable than Drive-mapping products.

Drive-mapping has some inherent problems (not just WWWDrive problems). When network is slow or un-reliable, or when you are uploading / downloading very large files, it can make your Explorer less responsive or even "freeze your Windows desktop".

FileManager comes with DriveHQ Desktop Express. You can see a link called "My DriveHQ" on your Windows Desktop, or My Computer, which works similar to
WWWDrive. (Map as a network folder)

If you want to save files directly to DriveHQ, please note you can do so by double clicking your files in DriveHQ FileManager or DriveHQ Desktop Express and save back to the cache folder. The file will be sync-ed back to server. You can also use the folder synchronization function of DriveHQ FileManager. When you need to save a file to server, just save to the local sync folder. It will then be automatically sync-ed to server.

With this solution, saving a large file is "instant"; and it never slows down or locks your computer desktop.

10/1/2006 8:03:18 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/1/2006 8:03:18 PM

We used to support Drive-mapping through WWWDrive client softwrae. We have canceled the support several months ago as FileManager 3.0 is much more efficient and reliable than Drive-mapping products.

Drive-mapping has some inherent problems (not just WWWDrive problems). When network is slow or un-reliable, or when you are uploading / downloading very large files, it can make your Explorer less responsive or even "freeze your Windows desktop".

FileManager comes with DriveHQ Desktop Express. You can see a link called "My DriveHQ" on your Windows Desktop, or My Computer, which works similar to
WWWDrive. (Map as a network folder)

If you want to save files directly to DriveHQ, please note you can do so by double clicking your files in DriveHQ FileManager or DriveHQ Desktop Express and save back to the cache folder. The file will be sync-ed back to server. You can also use the folder synchronization function of DriveHQ FileManager. When you need to save a file to server, just save to the local sync folder. It will then be automatically sync-ed to server.

With this solution, saving a large file is "instant"; and it never slows down or locks your computer desktop.

thanks

The folder synchronization is exactly what I need.
You should update your faq.

Chad

10/2/2006 5:44:42 AM

Update as of 10/2/2014:

For users using our drive mapping service on Windows, we now strongly recommend installing our WebDAV Drive Mapping Tool:

It is extremely easy. Just log on to the tool and you will be able to map a drive. You don't need to optimize the performance yourself any more. The tool will automatically fine tune the performance and reliability for you. As the result, DriveHQ Enterprise WebDAV Solution is more reliable than almost any other WebDAV services.

For system administrators, you can configure your sub-users to automatically map to a specific folder. It works just like your in-house file server, you can map multiple drives, incl. shared drives and set various levels of permissions to different users.

10/2/2014 2:47:54 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003