x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 5918/1

I might have 10 security cameras upload 40 megs per month.  I use about 8 ftp softwares programs per computer.  I carry 3 phones daily, plus another for just the house.  I have 2 tablets, 2 desktops and 2 laptops.  And this doesn't cover my 2 kids, wifes, employee's devices.

It seems to me that counting devices is impossible and stupid, especially with ftp.  My ip rotates depending of the phone or network, and mac addresses are not part of the ftp protocol. 

Whoever is trying to limit devices is only aware of their own usage patterns.   I gave up being reliant on a single phone or computer or printer, years ago, when I would panic and take days off work to fix a single printer, phone or computer.    Limited, glued in batteries have underscored the wisdom of my strategy change.

The only benefit is drivehq is the power of the commandline with ftp, over far cheaper cloud storage of the competition. The idea of counting devices runs counter to the entire idea of cloud storage and cloud apps. 

I can see netflix counting devices, since it makes sense to share a netflix password with your friend to share the cost.  Sharing cloud storage is a privacy concern, so it isn't even an issue.  Counting devices serves no business purpose other than driving customers away, because it is a nuissance and a deal breaker. 

1/16/2023 8:42:15 AM

>>> I might have 10 security cameras upload 40 megs per month.  I use about 8 ftp softwares programs per computer.  I carry 3 phones daily, plus another for just the house.  I have 2 tablets, 2 desktops and 2 laptops.  And this doesn't cover my 2 kids, wifes, employee's devices.

Have you looked at CameraFTP.comIt is optimized for IP security cameras. Note you cannot use DriveHQ's FTP service for IP security cameras/DVRs. With CameraFTP service, you can customize a plan based on your budget and quality requirement. The pricing is as low as $1.50/camera/month for image recording and $2.50/camera/month for video recording. You mentioned you only upload 40MB/month. It seems to be incredibly low for IP security cameras. Do you actually mean 40GB? If you only upload 40MB/month, please send an email to CameraFTP support. We can offer you a special discount. 

>>> It seems to me that counting devices is impossible and stupid, especially with ftp.  My ip rotates depending of the phone or network, and mac addresses are not part of the ftp protocol. 

CameraFTP pricing is based on your number of cameras, cameras' recording parameters, and retention days. We don't need your IP addresses or MAC addresses. Our servers will not connect to your camera devices. You can use a regular IP camera / DVR, or you can use webcam as IP camera, or use smart phone / tablet as IP camera. To use webcam as IP camera, please install CameraFTP VSS software on your PC. It can use a PC as a CCTV DVR system. To use smartphone/tablet as IP camera, please install CameraFTP Mobile Security Camera app for iOS or Android.

>>> Whoever is trying to limit devices is only aware of their own usage patterns.   I gave up being reliant on a single phone or computer or printer, years ago, when I would panic and take days off work to fix a single printer, phone or computer.    Limited, glued in batteries have underscored the wisdom of my strategy change.

It seems you refer to a regular FTP service. In CameraFTP case, it is based on Camera licenses. You can change your physical cameras and re-use an existing camera license. 

>>> The only benefit is drivehq is the power of the commandline with ftp, over far cheaper cloud storage of the competition. The idea of counting devices runs counter to the entire idea of cloud storage and cloud apps. 

DriveHQ is a leading FTP/SFTP service provider for business.

For IP cameras, CameraFTP has a lot more features optimized for security monitoring, cloud recording, live viewing and playback, etc.

I can see netflix counting devices, since it makes sense to share a netflix password with your friend to share the cost.  Sharing cloud storage is a privacy concern, so it isn't even an issue.  Counting devices serves no business purpose other than driving customers away, because it is a nuissance and a deal breaker. 

1/16/2023 9:29:04 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003