x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 52900/3
is there any way for an email to be sent when activity occurs in the ftp?  for example, i have a subuser named "offsiteupload".  can an email be sent to me when that user logs in?  uploads a file?  deletes a file?

thank you.

1/17/2008 8:15:37 AM

Well it is not supported. Please note a user could upload 1000 files in 1 day; it is hard to tell if the files are all uploaded at once or not since HTTP is a "connection-less" connection, i.e. after each request is handled, it is automatically disconnected.

So a user can upload 1 file each time for 1000 times, which is the same as you upload 1000 files at once. If we send notification emails, that would be a huge number of emails.

1/18/2008 7:43:34 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/18/2008 7:43:34 AM

Well it is not supported. Please note a user could upload 1000 files in 1 day; it is hard to tell if the files are all uploaded at once or not since HTTP is a "connection-less" connection, i.e. after each request is handled, it is automatically disconnected.

So a user can upload 1 file each time for 1000 times, which is the same as you upload 1000 files at once. If we send notification emails, that would be a huge number of emails.

have you considered a daily digest email detailing the activity within the last 24 hours on the account.  1 email.

1/22/2008 12:28:17 PM

User: Cummings  -  1/22/2008 12:28:17 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/18/2008 7:43:34 AM

have you considered a daily digest email detailing the activity within the last 24 hours on the account.  1 email.

Unfortunately this probably is not a good option:

(1) Most users don't like to receive emails from service providers; DriveHQ has tried not to send emails to our members whenever possible.

(2) To send activity reports on a daily basis means we have to log all the activities, which is hard as we have so many users and so many files. It will also create a huge amount of emails to be sent / day.

(3) It is hard to prepare the email contents; sometimes a user may only upload one file; sometimes he might upload 10000 files. Whether to include all changed file list in the email is hard to decide.

I would suggest you to try our automatic folder synchronization feature available in DriveHQ FileManager. FileManager can let you easily share and synchronize folders among multiple PCs and user accounts.

1/22/2008 7:47:40 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003