x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 65999/11

I have created a dropbox and wish to recieve a notification via email when someone uploads something to it.

However, when check the box saying "Notify me when someone uploads files" and i enter my email into the field required, it says "Email format is not correct!" 

9/9/2011 2:05:22 AM

Please make sure you did enter the correct e-mail address. we did test on our end with different e-mail addresses and all work fine. Please see screenshot below. If you experience the same problem again, please e-mail us at support@drivehq.com. Please also include your e-mail address that you have problem with.

9/9/2011 9:05:05 AM

I found out, that the email must be in the following format:

example@server.com

it CAN NOT be in the following format:

firstname.lastname@server.com

in other words, the username part of the email address cannot contain a dot. can you fix this?

9/14/2011 10:17:18 PM

The problem will be fixed by tomorrow or no later than this weekend.

9/15/2011 11:12:56 AM

Great.

What is my reward? ;)

9/15/2011 11:24:08 AM

Sure thing!

We'll offer you a 30 % off discount on any subscription selected. Please feel free to contact us at support@drivehq.com to redeem your reward.

9/15/2011 11:35:29 AM

I have a similar situation...

I would like to have the dropbox system email a notification to people connected to the shared folder that the contents have been updated.   I'd like to update the preferences of the shared dropbox for all the participants rather than have each and every one of them set the preferences.  Is this possible?

Mark

10/6/2011 10:53:02 AM

Hello Mark,

The best solution for your requirement is to use our email forwarding feature.  You can dedicate one of your DriveHQ email addresses solely for the purpose of forwarding notifications.  To set this up, go into your DriveHQ email account -> Email Options -> Email Auto Forward.  Add the email addresses where you want the notifications sent (separate each one by comma).  Then, in the drop box notification field, put the email address of this account and the notifications will be forwarded.  This solution will work very well as long as you're not using the DriveHQ email account.  If you are, you can set up a subuser account and utilize their email address. 

10/6/2011 2:18:48 PM

I have an existing Dropbox folder and cannot find the place to enter the notification information.   (This was setup before you had this feature.)  I cannot find the form you show above.

I went to folder options - Email options and it has a "Send Reply emails to ..." but that does not seem to cause notification emails to be sent.  I do not want to setup a new folder as we have documentation on this feature already in the hands of our clients.

What am I missing?

11/14/2011 9:10:20 AM

Hi, please go to My Storage.  then, locate the folder in the center pane and hover your mouse over the folder.  Click the "Edit" icon.  There, you will see the Drop Box configuration options and can select "Notify me when someone uploads file".  Make sure to also put your email address in the field below.

11/14/2011 9:33:00 AM

Hello. I have the box checked and my correct email address, but I am not receiving the notification. I stopped receiving notifications about a week ago. Can you tell me why?

Regards,
Brian

4/18/2014 10:29:38 AM

User: Gulfstream_Media  -  4/18/2014 10:29:38 AM

Hello. I have the box checked and my correct email address, but I am not receiving the notification. I stopped receiving notifications about a week ago. Can you tell me why?

Regards,
Brian

Hi Brian. Please revisit your dropbox page and verify the setting details. Also, please be sure that your email filter is not diverting the notification messages to your junk/bulk folders. If you can indeed confirm that items have been uploaded with no email sent, please email support@drivehq.com providing us with the folderpath/dropbox link and the email address you set notifications to be sent to. 

Cheers, 
DriveHQ Support

4/18/2014 10:42:44 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003