x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 29400/5
1.  When I am synchronizing BOTH WAYS, why does DriveHQ keep getting asked which to overwrite Local or Remote.  Your software should automatically replace the older version with the newest version.  Either that or there should be a setup option to define the default action.  Upon bootup, the files should synchronize without asking an inexperienced user how to accomplish the sync.

2.  Periodically we are finding that our files are not synchronized, and when we open DriveHQ, we have to press the RESUME to continue a synchronization.  Why does the synchronization stop when we do not manually press any stop command?  We want reliable synchronization between computers that are across the country without having to call by phone and have a system administrator troubleshoot why the synchronization has stopped.

3.  It would be nice to have a log of actions available for review.  We had some files disappear(deleted) off our systems, and without having a log to determine what caused the problem, the DriveHQ software becomes suspected of a malfunction (rather than the more likely operator error).  With a log to determine when and why the files were deleted, confidence in the DriveHQ software is maintained, and it can easily be determined what revision of information needs to be restored from the DriveHQ backup.

8/10/2008 2:44:20 PM

Sorry it took a long time to reply; you did ask some questions that are hard.

1.  When I am synchronizing BOTH WAYS, why does DriveHQ keep getting asked which to overwrite Local or Remote.  Your software should automatically replace the older version with the newest version.  Either that or there should be a setup option to define the default action.  Upon bootup, the files should synchronize without asking an inexperienced user how to accomplish the sync.

We are getting more cautious about Folder Synchronization. In the past, we had some users reported that FileManager accidentally deletes files / overwrites files, etc. Some people use Folder Synchronization as automatic backup, but when files are deleted, then it is worse than "no backup". We are trying to strike a balance between automatic and safe: we are adding a temp backup folder for Folder Sychronization, with it, we will be able to make it more automatic.

2.  Periodically we are finding that our files are not synchronized, and when we open DriveHQ, we have to press the RESUME to continue a synchronization.  Why does the synchronization stop when we do not manually press any stop command?  We want reliable synchronization between computers that are across the country without having to call by phone and have a system administrator troubleshoot why the synchronization has stopped.

It is hard to tell. Sometimes it happens, esp. if you have very large files to sync. Some files might be too big and in the middle, you network could be disconnected, which often happens when you use a laptop computer.

Also some files might be locked when it is to be synchronized.

3.  It would be nice to have a log of actions available for review.  We had some files disappear(deleted) off our systems, and without having a log to determine what caused the problem, the DriveHQ software becomes suspected of a malfunction (rather than the more likely operator error).  With a log to determine when and why the files were deleted, confidence in the DriveHQ software is maintained, and it can easily be determined what revision of information needs to be restored from the DriveHQ backup.

You have a very good point. We will consider adding log support in a future version. Again, we are adding a temp backup folder, so even if files are deleted / overwritten, it is recoverable within a few days.

8/14/2008 12:46:39 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/14/2008 12:46:39 PM

We are getting more cautious about Folder Synchronization. In the past, we had some users reported that FileManager accidentally deletes files / overwrites files, etc. Some people use Folder Synchronization as automatic backup, but when files are deleted, then it is worse than "no backup". We are trying to strike a balance between automatic and safe: we are adding a temp backup folder for Folder Sychronization, with it, we will be able to make it more automatic.

It is hard to tell. Sometimes it happens, esp. if you have very large files to sync. Some files might be too big and in the middle, you network could be disconnected, which often happens when you use a laptop computer.

You have a very good point. We will consider adding log support in a future version. Again, we are adding a temp backup folder, so even if files are deleted / overwritten, it is recoverable within a few days.

I have this problem now with mainly small files backing up from my desktop to DriveHQ.  I hit Resume and the Status column changes to Transferring but nothing transfers.  If I try to scroll down to set if any files are actually transferring, then the status of all files changes to Stopped.
How do I get it to start working again?
Can I delete all the files?
If I delete them, will DriveHQ restart the transfer process with these files and subsequently transfer them from my desktop to DriveHQ or will the files sit on my desktop and never be transferred?
Thank you.

8/30/2008 12:29:25 PM

User: RBordenLaw  -  8/30/2008 12:29:25 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/14/2008 12:46:39 PM

I have this problem now with mainly small files backing up from my desktop to DriveHQ.  I hit Resume and the Status column changes to Transferring but nothing transfers.  If I try to scroll down to set if any files are actually transferring, then the status of all files changes to Stopped.
How do I get it to start working again?
Can I delete all the files?
If I delete them, will DriveHQ restart the transfer process with these files and subsequently transfer them from my desktop to DriveHQ or will the files sit on my desktop and never be transferred?
Thank you.

This is very rare. If it happens, please try to delete one remote file and then upload from your computer again. If that solves your problem, you can proceed to delete more files and upload more.

8/31/2008 1:34:46 AM

I have a paid account, not the free acct.  Sometimes a file transfer fails, which wouldn't be a big deal except when I press "resume" in the DriveHQ_FileManager it overwrites the file.  Why doesn't it simply resume and continue?  I have ver 5.0 build 337(32-bit) which seems to be the latest version of FileManager.

9/13/2011 10:21:24 AM

When you transfer a large file, if FileManager dropped, the resuming function works as following;

If only partial file was transferred, the other part that was not yet transferred could be deleted. Or, if the file was not transferred completely, the source code could be changed and the new files will overwrite the old ones.

However, if you still have questions regarding this issue, please e-mail our support staff directly: support@drivehq.com.

9/13/2011 10:46:42 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003