x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 70797/7

Some users reported that they cannot map a remote drive on Windows XP. This is usually caused by a Windows XP bug in handling authentication. When you map a remote drive using WebDAV, you must click on "Connect using a different username", then enter the correct username / password before you click on Finish.

If you failed to do so, you must reboot your computer to retry. This is a Windows XP only issue

Please see the screenshot for more info:

Alternatively, you can also use a command-line command to map a remote drive:

C:\>net use Z: http://www.drivehq.com/webdav/USERNAME PASSWORD /user:USERNAME

Please note on Windows XP, you must specify the correct username and password when mapping a remote drive. If you entered wrong info, you must reboot your computer to retry.

1/5/2011 11:42:20 AM

We noticed a strange problem about WebDAV drive mapping on certain Windows 7 PCs (may affect other operating systems as well). The exact cause is unknown. It appears to be a Microsoft OS bug. 

Basically, if your password contains upper case characters, and when you try to map a remote drive, it might fail to log on. This only affects certain Windows 7 PCs. After changing the password to all lower case characters, this problem is solved.

1/28/2011 4:58:22 PM

Thank you for your speedy response.  I agree that WebDAV is not the best solution but my son-in-law, Neill, is so keen to use drive mapping.  He does not hvae many files and they are all quite small but he wants them to be easily accessible from his 4 locations - 3 pubs and his home.

Is it possible to set up Drive Mapping with File Manager?

Thank you for your help.

Douglas Maughan

Winchester, UK

6/8/2011 7:11:00 AM

With the free account, you can have two concurrent webdav connections.  Webdav and file manager are interconnected to the same storage system, so you have the flexibility to use both.  Please view instructions on mapping a drive here: http://www.drivehq.com/mapdrive/WebDAVdrivemapping.aspx.  Please let me know if you have further questions.  Thank you.

6/8/2011 11:49:05 AM

Update about WebDAV drive mapping on Windows XP: Automatically reconnect a WebDAV drive after reboot.

A user reported a problem on Windows XP:

When mapping a WebDAV drive, even if you select "Reconnect at logon", Windows XP cannot successfully reconnect the WebDAV drive. When clicked on the WebDAV drive letter, it may report an error like: "An error occurred while reconnecting Drive. Web Client Network: This connection has not been restored."
When this problem occurs, you have to disconnect and then remap the drive.

This appears to be a Windows XP bug and not a DriveHQ WebDAV server issue. However, you can work around this problem by using a batch file.

Automatically reconnect DriveHQ WebDAV drive using a batch file:

Open Notepad, and enter the following text:

net use Z: /delete

net use Z:  http://www.drivehq.com/webdav/USERNAME   PASSWORD   /user:USERNAME

make sure you replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with your DriveHQ username/password. Then save the file as "mapdrive.bat". Copy/move the file to the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can then reboot your computer. After you logon, it will automatically run the batch file and reconnect the webdav drive.

9/22/2011 2:46:00 PM

I have the basic free account, great but I have two issues.

The first, I want to share the mapping concurrently among a number of PC's, using webdav. Reading this thread I dont think this is possible, if I upgrade to a basic (1Gb) free True account will this be permitted?

The second, with an XP PC, the webdav drive connected ok first time I set it up following your instructions. However, it now fails to connect, is this due to the bug described in this thread?

9/26/2012 1:12:39 AM

With a free service account, you can still map drives from multiple computers. However, you are limited to two concurrent downloads.

>>> The second, with an XP PC, the webdav drive connected ok first time I set it up following your instructions. However, it now fails to connect, is this due to the bug described in this thread?

Most likely it is caused by XP's poor webdav implementation, esp. in the user authentication part. You can solve the problem by rebooting your computer.

If you really want to use WebDAV a lot, then it is strongly recommended using our Enterprise WebDAV Service, or you can use DriveHQ FileManager client software. For more information about our enterprise WebDAV service, please visit:

http://www.drivehq.com/help/doc/EnterpriseWebDAVSolution/EnterpriseWebDAV-DriveMapping.htm

9/26/2012 6:01:09 PM

User: DriveHQSupport  -  9/26/2012 6:01:09 PM

With a free service account, you can still map drives from multiple computers. However, you are limited to two concurrent downloads.

>>> The second, with an XP PC, the webdav drive connected ok first time I set it up following your instructions. However, it now fails to connect, is this due to the bug described in this thread?

Most likely it is caused by XP's poor webdav implementation, esp. in the user authentication part. You can solve the problem by rebooting your computer.

If you really want to use WebDAV a lot, then it is strongly recommended using our Enterprise WebDAV Service, or you can use DriveHQ FileManager client software. For more information about our enterprise WebDAV service, please visit:

http://www.drivehq.com/help/doc/EnterpriseWebDAVSolution/EnterpriseWebDAV-DriveMapping.htm

Update as of 10/2/2014:

For users using our drive mapping service on Windows, we now strongly recommend installing our WebDAV Drive Mapping Tool:

http://www.drivehq.com/mapdrive/

It is extremely easy. Just log on to the tool and you will be able to map a drive.

For system administrators, you can configure your sub-users to automatically map to a specific folder. It works just like your in-house file server, you can map multiple drives, incl. shared drives and set various levels of permissions to different users.

10/2/2014 2:35:14 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003