x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 46160/7
Two questions:

1) What is the maximum file size that can be uploaded to DriveHQ via FTP?

2) How do I know what level of service I have?

Thanks for answering.

6/24/2009 11:55:51 AM

Two questions:

If you have a very large file, it is strongly recommended using DriveHQ FileManager or FTP.

Using a web browser to upload a very large file or many files is not reliable and not efficient. Using DriveHQ FileManager, you can easily drag and drop many files / folders at one time.

DriveHQ FileManager supports any size files!! It is only limited by your available storage space. Moreover, FileManager can compress data for faster uploading (if your files can be compressed), it can automatically resume interrupted downloads / uploads.

You can also use any 3rd party FTP client software, most of GUI-based FTP client software can also support resuming. However, some FTP client software cannot support files larger than 2GB or 4GB. But DriveHQ FileManager can support files of any size. Note if you have such big files, it does take a very long time to upload / download.

I guess you mean which subscription plan? You can logon www.drivehq.com, go to My Account --> Subscribe --> Current Subscription.

Thanks for answering.

6/24/2009 6:04:10 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/24/2009 6:04:10 PM

Two questions:

If you have a very large file, it is strongly recommended using DriveHQ FileManager or FTP.

Using a web browser to upload a very large file or many files is not reliable and not efficient. Using DriveHQ FileManager, you can easily drag and drop many files / folders at one time.

DriveHQ FileManager supports any size files!! It is only limited by your available storage space. Moreover, FileManager can compress data for faster uploading (if your files can be compressed), it can automatically resume interrupted downloads / uploads.

You can also use any 3rd party FTP client software, most of GUI-based FTP client software can also support resuming. However, some FTP client software cannot support files larger than 2GB or 4GB. But DriveHQ FileManager can support files of any size. Note if you have such big files, it does take a very long time to upload / download.

I guess you mean which subscription plan? You can logon www.drivehq.com, go to My Account --> Subscribe --> Current Subscription.

Thanks for answering.

You mentioned: "DriveHQ FileManager supports any size files!! It is only limited by your available storage space." I've asked a partner to upload files to my DriveHQ account. I'm not sure what tool he is using to FTP the files, but I do know the file he's trying to send is 1GB - 2GB. When he tries to send it, the file shows up as a 0KB file so the full file doesn't make it. Since DriveHQ can accomodate files of any size via FTP, would the issue then be on his end?

6/25/2009 10:24:39 AM

Two questions:

Thanks for answering.

I've learned my partner is using the UNIX command line to FTP. Do you know if/how that might change their ability to upload large 1GB files to us using DriveHQ?

6/25/2009 10:41:39 AM

User: dicenoc  -  6/25/2009 10:41:39 AM

Two questions:

Thanks for answering.

I've learned my partner is using the UNIX command line to FTP. Do you know if/how that might change their ability to upload large 1GB files to us using DriveHQ?

Please search the forum for Passive FTP, or click on the link below:

http://www.drivehq.com/bbs/getmsg.aspx/bbsID110/msg_id12269021/ref_id0

The problem is almost certainly caused by not using Passive FTP. Unfortunately, many people don't know the difference of Active FTP and Passive FTP. Put it simply, Active FTP is never designed for the Internet; it is blocked by anti-virus, network security software, firewall or router.

For uploading files of more than 50MB, it is strongly recommended using a good FTP tool that supports resuming. For Windows users, DriveHQ FileManager is the best tool.

6/25/2009 4:57:36 PM

ok, I have a question then. Why does my 150mb zip file keep getting scrubbed after experiencing I/O errors halfway through having been uploaded to different folders in the account (root, Shared, and then the Publish folders.) First it stops transferring, I resume it, it continues, and then it refuses the connection persistently and then the file simply disappears and I am prevented from uploading again for alittle while at all. Why is this happening?

4/17/2011 3:47:38 AM

maximun size of drivehq 

10/17/2011 8:10:34 PM

User: Sangharatna Thorat  -  10/17/2011 8:10:34 PM

maximun size of drivehq 

DriveHQ does not limit maximum file size as long as your account has enough free storage space. This being said, if you need to upload a very large file, you should not be using the browser based uploader. Web browsers are not designed to upload / download such large files. Instead, you should use some good download / upload software that supports automatically retrying and resuming.

It is strongly recommended using DriveHQ FileManager to upload / download large files. In our tests, it can upload files as large as 15GB or even bigger. Please note uploading such a file will take a very long time (e.g. several days). It is possible that your network connection might be interrupted. If so, File Manager can automatically retry and resume. In some cases, you might have to manually resume.

You can also use other FTP client software to upload large files. Please note a lot of FTP client software cannot upload files larger than 2GB or 4GB.

10/17/2011 11:46:01 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003