x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 18007/1
    I like to think that I'm a moderately able computer user (I build my own systems) if not a pro.

But I'm bewildered by the drivehq interface, specifically for realtime backup.

I have set several folders for backup from a mapped network drive. This works fine the first time. It even works fine a several other times (i.e. the real-time backup engages, showing the progress of the upload).

But then it all putzes out. I add file after file to the same folder, and nothing happens. Hitting "START" manually doesn't work, nor does anything else. I had thought that maybe drive HQ couldn't read newly added subfolders (within the pre-designated backup folder), but even files added outside of the folder (i.e., saved within the designated main folder e.g. "Z:\Backup") do not get uploaded.

Is there a later version of DriveHQ software I should be using? I believe I'm current.

Thus far the only way I've found to address this is to upload the ENTIRE backup folder all over again. 1.1 gigs of photos takes a wee while.

Please advise!

Thanks.

Andrew

3/23/2008 11:07:25 AM

Please note real-time backup a network folder could be problematic; consider changing it to scheduled task.

DriveHQ Online Backup uses incremental backup and won't upload the same files again.

We have just released a new version DriveHQ Online Backup 4.0, which is designed more for businesses. We have not yet updated the website info yet; but if you go to www.drivehq.com and download it, it is actually version 4.0 now.

If you upgrade to version 4.0, please note Version 4.0 runs as a Windows System service; the default service logon account is Local System account, which has full access to your local PC, but cannot access network folders. You must change the service logon Windows User account in Windows Control Panel -> Services -> DriveHQ Online Backup Service.

More instructions will be ready in the next few days.

3/24/2008 4:10:42 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003