x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 84357/16

Hi there

At some point the access to my free ftp has been limited and I do not know why?

I cannot log in through web browser now nor upload anything now (i.e. pictures from my IP camera).

The only access I have got now is through DriveHQ.com website ot DriveHQ file Manager

IS THIS SOME KIND OF LIMITATION or I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

Cheers

9/29/2010 8:55:14 AM

DriveHQ free FTP hosting service is designed for personal and casual use only. It has a built-in anti-abusing and monitoring system. Most users won't notice it. However, if you use automatic software / device that keeps connecting to DriveHQ FTP server, it will be affected.

Automatic device / software such as Security Camera / KeyLogger software keeps logging on DriveHQ FTP server and uploads files. This creates hundreds of times of more load than an average user; thus it is automatically detected as abusing our service. Moreover, using KeyLogger software is very controversial as it is often used in stealing other users' info. 

In your case, your account has not been disabled. You must order our paid service to continue using our service.

If an account has been disabled for abusing our service and if you would like the account to be re-enabled, you must provide a private domain business email address, or provide a copy of your valid Photo ID / credit card. We can then re-enable your account. You must order our service to continue using our service.

9/30/2010 12:57:26 PM

I just created a DriveHQ account to replace my homepage.mac.com service, which is being discontinued on November 8. I liked the idea of using FTP to bulk-transfer everything from the old account to the new, but I found that I ended up experimenting with various methods of doing so on a remote machine with a fast connection before I found the one I intend to use for the transfer. After I began the actual transfer, it began to fail, and any further attempts to connect to FTP from that machine immediately get a refused connection with a 421 error, but FTP connections from home work normally, indicating to me that the anti-abuse system seems to have IP-blocked the remote machine.

Can you please unblock it?I'll make an initial transfer of 176 files totaling 216.4 megabytes, with the largest file being 90.6 megabytes, the second-largest being 27.2 megabytes, and the sixth-largest being 5.4 megabytes, after which I'll conform all access to "personal and casual use only" as long as my account exists.

I do apologize for this initial excessive load with a non-paid True Account, and I welcome convenient suggestions on how to set this up without exceeding my limits. Currently, my idea is to use davfs2 to drive-map the old service on WebDAV while using curlftpfs to drive-map the DriveHQ FTP server (the remote machine runs Ubuntu) and then just do a recursive archive-copy. Do you have a better recommendation than that for doing this from the remote machine? I'd rather not do it from home on my ADSL connection.

Thank you.

10/15/2010 5:56:01 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  9/30/2010 12:57:26 PM

DriveHQ free FTP hosting service is designed for personal and casual use only. It has a built-in anti-abusing and monitoring system. Most users won't notice it. However, if you use automatic software / device that keeps connecting to DriveHQ FTP server, it will be affected.

Automatic device / software such as Security Camera / KeyLogger software keeps logging on DriveHQ FTP server and uploads files. This creates hundreds of times of more load than an average user; thus it is automatically detected as abusing our service. Moreover, using KeyLogger software is very controversial as it is often used in stealing other users' info. 

In your case, your account has not been disabled. You must order our paid service to continue using our service.

If an account has been disabled for abusing our service and if you would like the account to be re-enabled, you must provide a private domain business email address, or provide a copy of your valid Photo ID / credit card. We can then re-enable your account. You must order our service to continue using our service.

P.S. I forgot to mention in my post that my access to the remote machine is a Secure Shell text console. Thank you again, in advance.

10/15/2010 6:04:21 AM

The IP blocking shall expire in a couple hours. If you didn't keep retrying, then you can retry now.

The free (FTP) service is designed for GUI-based FTP client software. For example, if you use FileZilla, you can easily drag and drop a lot of files / folders at once. Using command-line FTP client, please log on once and upload multiple files at once. Do not log on for every file. Also, the free service is limited to upload 50MB of data each time. After you have uploaded 50MB of data using FTP, you must take a pause of 5 to 10 minutes and then resume. (Using DriveHQ FileManager, you only need to click on OK to resume)

It is strongly recommended using our paid service as the free service has a few restrictions that make it not suitable for business use.

10/15/2010 2:11:13 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/15/2010 2:11:13 PM

The IP blocking shall expire in a couple hours. If you didn't keep retrying, then you can retry now.

The free (FTP) service is designed for GUI-based FTP client software. For example, if you use FileZilla, you can easily drag and drop a lot of files / folders at once. Using command-line FTP client, please log on once and upload multiple files at once. Do not log on for every file. Also, the free service is limited to upload 50MB of data each time. After you have uploaded 50MB of data using FTP, you must take a pause of 5 to 10 minutes and then resume. (Using DriveHQ FileManager, you only need to click on OK to resume)

It is strongly recommended using our paid service as the free service has a few restrictions that make it not suitable for business use.

Before, it seemed to continue long after the supposed 50MB limit. Is that part of what triggered the IP filter? Won't the FTP connection drop if I pause the transfer, requiring successive connections, which you just said is bad? Would the system allow a single nonstop session uploading it all at once without pausing (assuming a pause would trigger a disconnect; I found that keeping the connection idle times it out, necessitating a reconnect)?

10/15/2010 3:37:38 PM

You can connect or log on DriveHQ FTP service for at least 20 times / day. This is usually more than enough for casual / personal users. Please note you can upload a lot of files / folders in one connection (logon).

It seems the service is not friendly to command-line FTP users. In this case, please try to use a GUI-based FTP client program.

10/15/2010 4:35:30 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/15/2010 4:35:30 PM

You can connect or log on DriveHQ FTP service for at least 20 times / day. This is usually more than enough for casual / personal users. Please note you can upload a lot of files / folders in one connection (logon).

It seems the service is not friendly to command-line FTP users. In this case, please try to use a GUI-based FTP client program.

It seems that exceeding the 50MB-at-a-time transfer limit is what triggers the IP blocking, and waiting 10 minutes after that is not enough. Exactly how long is it? Even if each 50MB requires a separate logon (which seems the case), 6 logons should be more than enough to get started. I will try to look for a way to pause before the limit is reached.

10/16/2010 10:02:44 AM

Hi,

did you change the access limits?

I'm getting the following message:

530 Not logged on, free service users can logon 100 times, plus 10 times/day, please upgrade on http://www.drivehq.com/! . Please check your FTP settings and network connection.

100 times per month ?  per year ?  in total ??

Could you please define it ?

Thank you

Manos

11/10/2010 1:48:18 AM

Hi..I have the same problem and I just delete password from keychain access(mac application used to remember passwords).

11/14/2010 2:35:55 PM

Hi. I have a paid account, and I have been testing it to retrieve a data file through an Excel query. The files are tiny (8kb) and so far it is only me, plus a few friends who are trying to use it to test the feasibility. I can no longer connect with Filezilla, and my external data query within Excel no longer works. Have IO been blocked out too because my friends are on a different IP address? There are only 3 of us in total!

I am evaluating this for future possible commercial use with a cheap paid group membership, but I will have to look elsewhere if this is a regular issue.

9/23/2011 5:13:02 AM

We tested your account with FileZilla and it worked fine. If you still experience the same problem, please contact our support staff via e-mail: support@drivehq.com. Please include a screenshot if available.

9/23/2011 10:38:48 AM

Hi there,

I have the same problem 

530 Not logged on, free service users can logon 100 times, plus 25 times/day, please upgrade on http://www.drivehq.com/!

Could you please unblock my account? 

3/10/2012 9:29:22 AM

Your account was not blocked or disabled. It works fine. However, free accounts do have certain limitation on FTP access. Please upgrade to a paid account to remove the restrictions.

3/12/2012 10:57:55 AM

Hi, we also have the same issue. We're a manufacturer of security cameras and want to check if we should recommend this service to our millions of customers. We understand the difference of paid vs free service, but in order to state that the free account works within certain limits, it actually has to work.

So far, it seems it worked just for a day. Now we just get the 530 error that says logins are limited to 100 + 25/day. The account balance says we are under 100 logins. So why did the service stop working completely ?

If there is some kind of spam filter that is tripped by the use of a security camera, what do we need to do to avoid the problem and why do you advertise that your service is useful for a security camera ?

5/4/2012 5:51:00 PM

DriveHQ has launched www.cameraFTP.com, a new FTP service optimized for IP cameras. DriveHQ offers a complete Cloud IT Solution, which includes a state-of-the-art FTP server hosting service. Many security camera users have used our FTP service to store the recorded images offsite. Because DriveHQ.com has so many features, it might be a little hard to find the right features for security cameras.

With www.CameraFTP.com, it is much easier. You can configure your camera to upload images to ftp.cameraftp.com, (or IP Address: 66.220.9.45), and you can remotely monitor the scene or play back the old images using our CameraShow feature.

Security cameras are not secure themselves. They can be easily destroyed or tampered. By using CameraFTP service, even if an intruder destroys the security camera, he cannot delete the images stored in CameraFTP's secure data center.

If you already have a security camera (or network camera, IP camera, surveillance camera), you definitely should try our CameraFTP service. If you don't have a security camera yet, you might want to buy one now. The cost has dropped dramatically in the past few years. Now you can buy a decent quality wireless security camera for only about $100. Dependent on your image quality and upload frequency, CameraFTP service starts at only $1.5/month!

For only about $100 to a few hundred dollars, you can make your home or business much more secure. Isn't it a very good investment?

6/25/2012 4:47:35 PM

530 not logged on, you have used too many connections. Please upgrade service or contact our sales for more  

9/25/2013 5:41:52 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003