x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 69388/11

DriveHQ has launched www.cameraFTP.com, a new FTP service optimized for IP cameras. DriveHQ offers a complete Cloud IT Solution, which includes a state-of-the-art FTP server hosting service. Many security camera users have used our FTP service to store the recorded images offsite. Because DriveHQ.com has so many features, it might be a little hard to find the right features for security cameras.

With www.CameraFTP.com, it is much easier. You can configure your camera to upload images to ftp.cameraftp.com, (or IP Address: 66.220.9.45), and you can remotely monitor the scene or play back the old images using our CameraShow feature.

Security cameras are not secure themselves. They can be easily destroyed or tampered. By using CameraFTP service, even if an intruder destroys the security camera, he cannot delete the images stored in CameraFTP's secure data center.

If you already have a security camera (or network camera, IP camera, surveillance camera), you definitely should try our CameraFTP service. If you don't have a security camera yet, you might want to buy one now. The cost has dropped dramatically in the past few years. Now you can buy a decent quality wireless security camera for only about $100. Dependent on your image quality and upload frequency, CameraFTP service starts at only $1.5/month!

For only about $100 to a few hundred dollars, you can make your home or business much more secure. Isn't it a very good investment?

6/28/2012 12:29:49 PM

Hi,

It'S really strange that this CameraFTP.com site is not advertized on the DriveHQ site, how does it come?

how comes that on the net there is no info about this cameraFTP.com site? is not scam maybe?

8/7/2012 11:50:30 AM

We just recently launched CameraFTP.com service. It is more optimized for security cameras. We don't want to mix "cameras" with "real users". A security camera can automatically upload images every few seconds. It can easily generate 100 times or 1000 times more traffic than a regular user. Therefore, they need to be handled in a more optimized way.

We are still improving the CameraFTP.com service. We will add more features to the site in the near future. So we will advertise it on DriveHQ.com when all the features are ready.

8/7/2012 5:52:38 PM

I am doing the trial. I only have 96mb space left, I cannot see how to delete old images to free up space?

Thank you

8/8/2012 6:51:57 AM

Ok Im guessing its round robin and that old files will be deleted to amke room for the new..is this correct?

Also is there going to be a ipad2 app for film roll?

Thank you

8/8/2012 9:59:26 AM

About file deletion, you are right. When you order a cameraFTP subscription, you can choose a retention period. If the retention period is 7 days, then files older than 7 days will be automatically deleted. Currently, you cannot delete files manually. It was designed this way for security concerns. If an intruder steals your camera, and if he is technical savvy, he might be able to access your CameraFTP account. But even if he accesses your account, he cannot delete files manually. We are working on a new Group Admin feature. If it is released, you can log on as a group admin and delete files in your sub-accounts.

>>> Also is there going to be a ipad2 app for film roll?

We are working on a mobile version of Camera Show feature. We plan to support iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone. It will be launched in about 1 month!

8/8/2012 10:30:57 AM

User: DriveHQSupport  -  8/8/2012 10:30:57 AM

About file deletion, you are right. When you order a cameraFTP subscription, you can choose a retention period. If the retention period is 7 days, then files older than 7 days will be automatically deleted. Currently, you cannot delete files manually. It was designed this way for security concerns. If an intruder steals your camera, and if he is technical savvy, he might be able to access your CameraFTP account. But even if he accesses your account, he cannot delete files manually. We are working on a new Group Admin feature. If it is released, you can log on as a group admin and delete files in your sub-accounts.

We are working on a mobile version of Camera Show feature. We plan to support iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone. It will be launched in about 1 month!

Excellent! Thanks for replying. I have cams here in the UK and we also have 4 in the Philippines, our Broadband internet there is Dynamic so would we have any problems? Now say we decided to set up the cameras when we next go on holiday which will be Xmas, and say maybe 6 months later stop for any unknown reason...when we came back to subscribe monthly would the FTP settings in the camera there be the same or would we have to do it all over as setting them up remotley would be a pain for me. I am looking to learn how to do dyndns...so hopefully that will sort that problem out.

Also say if I make different folders for each camera, would I be able to allow access to the Philippine ones to my Brother In Law who is in the Bahamas, but not allow him acces to the UK ones?

Thank you :-)

8/8/2012 1:51:47 PM

User: DriveHQSupport  -  8/8/2012 10:30:57 AM

Will we get an email alert when this is launched?

Looking forward to that :-)

8/8/2012 2:31:01 PM

>>> our Broadband internet there is Dynamic so would we have any problems?

Most ISPs only offer dynamic IP address, which is perfectly fine with our service. You just need to make sure that your ISP and your router don't block FTP connections. Also, if you use a router (gateway), usually you need to use Passive mode FTP.  Active FTP is often blocked by your router.

>>> would the FTP settings in the camera there be the same or would we have to do it all over

If you cancel your subscription, it is very important that you also stop your cameras from connecting to the CameraFTP server. Otherwise, your cameras will continue uploading images to our server. While the upload will fail, it still uses a lot of server resources and bandwidth.

8/8/2012 2:31:47 PM

>>> I am looking to learn how to do dyndns...

You don't need DynDNS. In fact, once your camera uploads the images to CameraFTP, you can use our Camera Show feature to play back or monitor the scene in real-time.

>>> Will we get an email alert when this is launched?

sorry I am not sure. But we will definitely post some information on our website.

8/8/2012 2:50:48 PM

Im hoping Im hearing that right? So in the Philippines...we have canopy internet and becouse of that its Dynamic as everyone in the area is sharing the same signal or thats how I understood it.

So what your saying is..if the 4 x cams in the Philippine are purely connected to CameraFTP.com we could in essence with the forthcoming Ipad app view past shots or live viewing (be it not real time due to distance and processing) so it would be a close to live viewing but a few seconds behind??

If thats a yes my wife is going to be well chuffed:-)

If so Im definetley going to splash out and subscribe to a better plan than I was anticipating if that is the case.

Also can me my wife and my brother in law all have access to the philippine cams if we are in different locations ie: me in Bournemouth, my Wife when she's visiting London and my Brother in law in the Bahamas, and can I make one of the UK ones for me and the wife only, as its in our lounge and I want that to remain private.

Sorry to be asking so many questions just Im so happy at finding the service as its going to make it a lot easier for us.

Thank you :-)

8/8/2012 5:48:15 PM

Also lets say I choose a 1 Frame every 3 seconds....I pay for a year as its cheaper, and I decide to change it to 1 Frame every second or 6 secs, am I allowed to change it and how does that work with balancing the Sub?

8/8/2012 5:58:55 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003