x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 23360/3
Hi.

I'm trying to test this for a transcription company using Express Scribe.
Have successfully sent files to a 'Data' folder in my test ftp,
but can't download it with the transcription program.
Have set folder to share.
No firewall for this program.
Express Scribe says it needs passive ftp, is that what this is?

4/8/2008 4:58:59 PM

Yes, DriveHQ FTP supports Passive FTP. In fact, usually you have to use Passive FTP to download / upload files if you have a firewall / router.

Please try DriveHQ FileManager 4.0, or any 3rd party FTP client software. DriveHQ FTP server works great with most mainstream FTP client software; but we are not sure about Express Scribe; please check with the vendor directly.

4/9/2008 5:12:39 PM

You are trying to do the same thing I am.  Express Scribe works beautifully with DriveHQ, but now I'm at the point where I'm trying to save Word documents to a retreival folder without having to manually FTP each medical report.  Word allows you to save directly to an FTP folder, but I can't get it to work with DriveHQ for some reason.  I think it is a folder permission thing.

5/10/2008 6:48:39 PM

User: surfdog1958  -  5/10/2008 6:48:39 PM

You are trying to do the same thing I am.  Express Scribe works beautifully with DriveHQ, but now I'm at the point where I'm trying to save Word documents to a retreival folder without having to manually FTP each medical report.  Word allows you to save directly to an FTP folder, but I can't get it to work with DriveHQ for some reason.  I think it is a folder permission thing.

Please try this if you have to use an FTP folder:

Open Windows Explorer, enter:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/

I believe you can then save files to the FTP folder directly. We still recommend using DriveHQ FileManager; you can open files within FileManager and save it directly back to the server; or you can setup folder synchronization to automatically sync the files back to server.

5/11/2008 9:47:51 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003