x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 26240/1

Right now we use dropbox teams for our small office.  Besides the price being too expensive ($795/year), it does not offer custom domain FTP, email and WebDAV.

It seems your service would be a good fit. $0.6/user/month sounds too good to be true, but I see it does not include any storage space. We plan to migrate everything to the cloud as we don't have the resource to maintain our old file server and FTP server. However, before we order the service, we want to make sure that you can meet the following requirements:

(1) The ability to use our own domain for FTP and web hosting.

(2) Map a drive directly from Windows Explorer (just like what we do with our current file server).

(3) We have about 8 people. I want to create 3 folders, one folder is private to myself, one folder will be shared to everyone, and another folder will be shared to my customers. I want to make sure that customers can only see one folder, and nobody else can see my private folder.

(4) Do you offer any warranty if the service goes down?

9/11/2012 12:34:42 PM

If it is for business, you will find that DriveHQ Cloud IT service not only has far more features & services, but also our cost is much lower than other companies. We are the one-stop shop for all cloud IT & storage services for SMBs. You don't need to order file server, FTP server, email server, web server, Online backup and file sharing services from different vendors, DriveHQ has them all, better yet, they are bundled together for the same low price.

Our user licenses are priced extremely low at only $0.6/user/month. We don't charge computer licenses and server licenses. You can use our service on any number of PCs, MACs, servers and mobile devices. Our storage price starts a little higher, but the unit price quickly drops. If you need a lot of storage space, please feel free to contact our sales. Price shall never be an issue as we are committed to beat any competitor's price for the same type of services.

>>> (1) The ability to use our own domain for FTP and web hosting.

Yes, you can. For Custom Domain FTP service, you just need to add a DNS A-Record so that ftp.YOUR-DOMAINNAME resolves to 66.220.9.50 (or 66.220.9.51 if you have a paid account).

For Custom Domain web hosting, you need to add a DNS A-Record so that www.YOUR-DOMAINNAME resolves to 66.220.9.55. After that, please wait for about 12 hours for DNS to propagate. Then log on www.drivehq.com, go to My Storage, then click on the Publishes tab --> Publish My Website --> Custom Domain. enter your domain name here. Your custom domain website will be up and running immediately.

>>> (2) Map a drive directly from Windows Explorer (just like what we do with our current file server).

Yes, you can use our WebDAV drive mapping service. It is recommended using our Enterprise WebDAV service, which is far more secure, reliable and efficient than any other webdav services:
    http://www.drivehq.com/help/doc/EnterpriseWebDAVSolution/EnterpriseWebDAV-DriveMapping.htm

>>> (3) We have about 8 people. I want to create 3 folders, one folder is private to myself, one folder will be shared to everyone, and another folder will be shared to my customers. I want to make sure that customers can only see one folder, and nobody else can see my private folder.

You can order 10 sub-user licenses for only $5.99/month, which offers a total of 11 sub-user licenses. You can create 3 folders in your own account. For the first folder, if you want to keep it private, then don't share it to anybody.  For the second folder, you can share it to your employees.  For the third folder, you can share it to your customers. You can share a folder to a non-DriveHQ member by using his/her email address. You can also create a guest account for your customers.

In general, you can share different folders to different users with different permissions. You can also share the same folder to different users with different permissions. (if you have a lot of users, you can also create sub-groups by creating sub-group administrators).

>>> (4) Do you offer any warranty if the service goes down?

If you order our enterprise service, you are covered by a generic "Service Level Agreement" (SLA), which states our service is designed to have a 99.99% up-time:

http://www.drivehq.com/premium/DriveHQSLA.aspx

If you order our regular premium service, you are not covered by the SLA, however, the service is just about as reliable as the enterprise service.

9/11/2012 3:00:13 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003