x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 49105/7

Hey all!

I want to create a windows executable. It shall be a FTP Program.

I tested my program and it worked nicely. Even the free FTP webspace worked. Now i recognized a problem: My login data can be read out by some software that reads the outgoing FTP commands. Thats why i decided that i need SSL - Security.

Filezilla and professional ftp programs work nicely with SSL. No problem with connecting. Now that i changed my program using SSL it refuses to connect. I think its a certification problem. Filezilla and other professional FTP tools show a window that asks whether i trust this certificate. I dunno how to implement this. I write in Visual basic. Net.

Is there any *.cer or *.pfx file offered by drivehq? I dunno what to do, as this problem only arised after i tried to implement SSL.

2/24/2013 12:28:21 PM

here is some output:

2/24/2013 1:01:45 PM

Does DriveHQ have no full support on ftp? Someone else had a similiar problem and other webspaces worked. Could this be the case?

2/25/2013 10:17:23 AM

DriveHQ supports FTP over SSL, both implicit and explicit.

>>> Filezilla and other professional FTP tools show a window that asks whether i trust this certificate. I dunno how to implement this. I write in Visual basic. Net.

I think this is the problem. You need to implement this feature like FileZilla or other popular FTP client, or you might be able to work around by setting an option to ignore certificate error.

DriveHQ FTP Server uses a wild card certificate. A wildcard certificate can match host names like *.drivehq.com. DriveHQ has two FTP sites ftp.drivehq.com and proftp.drivehq.com both using the same wildcard certificate.

2/25/2013 10:34:36 AM

I tried several dlls. Im wasnt an expert but now i have got some knowledge about it. I invested about 20 hours on this issue.

It works with some dlls. At the moment i use a dll from WinSCP. Unfortunatelly this one is pretty slow. I still would like to improve the performance. But I either pay 150$ for the dll from chilkat (which works fast and reliable, but is only a 30 days trial.) or i stay with this one that is slow and only works in 50% of the time.

As its very hard to solve this specific problem. I wanted to point out that filezilla doesnt allow me to create folders.

220 Welcome to the most popular FTP hosting service! Save on hardware, software, hosting and admin. Share files/folders with read-write permission. Visit http://www.drivehq.com/ftp/;

Befehl: AUTH TLS

Antwort: 234 AUTH Command OK. Initializing TLS connection.

Befehl: USER CCZeroHour

Antwort: 331 User name ok, need password.

Befehl: PASS ********

Antwort: 230 User logged on. 

Befehl: SYST

Antwort: 215 UNIX emulated by DriveHQ FTP Server.

Befehl: FEAT

Antwort: 211-Extensions supported:

Antwort: SIZE

Antwort: MLSD

Antwort: MLST

Antwort: NLST

Antwort: MDTM

Antwort: MFMT

Antwort: MFCT

Antwort: MFF Create;Modify;

Antwort: REST STREAM

Antwort: UTF8

Antwort: 211 END

Befehl: OPTS UTF8 ON

Antwort: 200 Enable UTF8 mode.

Befehl: PBSZ 0

Antwort: 200 PBSZ Command OK. Protection buffer size set to 0.

Befehl: PROT P

Antwort: 200 PROT Command OK.

Befehl: PWD

Antwort: 257 "/" is current directory.

Befehl: TYPE I

Antwort: 200 Type set to I

Befehl: PASV

Antwort: 227 Entering Passive Mode (66,220,9,51,16,74).

Befehl: MLSD

Antwort: 150 Connection accepted

Antwort: 226 Transfer complete

Befehl: MKD Bans

Antwort: 550 Can't create directory. Permission denied.

Befehl: MKD /Bans

Another Problem: I have a sub Group user that cant login everytime. Shortly there was a message in Filezilla that there is the need of another deposit. This was not true and some minutes later it worked again. This is a relevant problem for me.

2/26/2013 6:56:45 PM

I've made a program too, to upload a file via ftp. Based upon FTPPUT.PRG in Visual foxpro (Google it). It worked fine. But since 2 days, since feb-28,2013, its not working anymore. Has drivehq changed something? Filezilla is working all right, but my own prg stopped working 2 days ago. Tried everything. Suddenly feb-12 around 12 o'clock CET, it worked for a couple of hours but mar-1, and today nomore.

3/2/2013 9:13:46 AM

Typo:

Suddenly feb-28 around 12 o'clock CET, it worked for a couple of hours but mar-1, and today nomore.

3/2/2013 9:16:30 AM

And today it worked again. So 4 days it dit not work properly. Don't know why. Must be an error at drivehq's.

Hopefully it will work tomorrow...

3/4/2013 4:45:44 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003