x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 19879/1
Hi, I am a photographer. I have about 100GB of photos taken in the last 4 years. I have backed up those photos to CDs, DVDs and USB drives. As I have a small content publishing business, these photos are very important to me. Your online backup service has lots of advantages over my current backup. I will keep backing up my files locally; but I have also signed up your premium service. I use FileManager to upload files; I also use WWWBackup to create scheduled automatic tasks. Now the problem is: when I change a USB drive, the drive letter changes sometimes, thus WWWBackup cannot find the source folder. I don't want to recreate the backup task as it could take a long time to backup again... what shall I do?

12/20/2006 1:52:26 PM

Hi, thank you reporting this problem to us. The current version of WWWBackup was not designed to backup USB drives. However, it should have no problem backing up a USB drive. The only problem is as mentioned in your message: the drive letter could change, esp. if you have multiple portable drives, and if you plug & unplug very often.

Now please note:

(1) DriveHQ can skip file upload / download if the files are the same in the source folder and destination folder. So even if you re-create a backup task, as long as the task name and source / destimation folders remain the same, it won't upload all files again. It does take a while to compare files for any changes.

(2) You can manually re-assign a drive letter to a USB drive. Please make sure no files are open in the USB drive. You can then click right-click on My Computer and select Manage. It should open Computer Management window.

Select "Disk Management" in the left-hand side. Right click on a drive letter and select "Change Drive Letter and Path". You can change the USB source drive to the original drive letter when you created the backup task.

DriveHQ is working on a new version WWWBackup to better support USB drives and network-mounted drives.

12/20/2006 2:28:52 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003