x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 33132/5
My upload speed it very slow the fastest that I have seen is 43 kb, I have checked it at www.pcpitstop.com and it is over 300 kb I don't understand why I am not geting a better up load speed. As you can see I can not upload anything at this rate. My download speed is 4000 kb to 8600 kb.

12/21/2006 10:58:42 AM

Please note the download speed you get is more likely 4000 kbps, which is equal to: 500 KBytes/sec.

DriveHQ.com has virtually unlimited network bandwidth. We never limit upload speed. ( We do limit download speed to 220KBytes/sec for free service users. )

FYI, consumer type of broadband services are "Asymmetric", meaning the download speed is much faster than Upload speed. For a typical DSL or Cable Modem connection, the maximum upload speed is 384 Kbps, or 45KBytes/sec.

If you use DriveHQ FileManager or WWWBackup, you might notice sometimes the upload speed can be up to 5 times faster than the maximum speed. This is because DriveHQ client software uses compression to speed up file transferring. But it only works for files that can be compressed.

Also note WWWBackup supports incremental backup and advanced caching. So you will see the performance gets better and better as you use it more.

12/21/2006 11:39:56 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  12/21/2006 11:39:56 AM

Please note the download speed you get is more likely 4000 kbps, which is equal to: 500 KBytes/sec.

DriveHQ.com has virtually unlimited network bandwidth. We never limit upload speed. ( We do limit download speed to 220KBytes/sec for free service users. )

FYI, consumer type of broadband services are "Asymmetric", meaning the download speed is much faster than Upload speed. For a typical DSL or Cable Modem connection, the maximum upload speed is 384 Kbps, or 45KBytes/sec.

If you use DriveHQ FileManager or WWWBackup, you might notice sometimes the upload speed can be up to 5 times faster than the maximum speed. This is because DriveHQ client software uses compression to speed up file transferring. But it only works for files that can be compressed.

Also note WWWBackup supports incremental backup and advanced caching. So you will see the performance gets better and better as you use it more.

Well I didn't read the preceding post because my upload speed is now uploading like a Rocket, so some body some where put those rockets boosters on for me. So it works now, all I need to do next is to figure out where in the heck I put my password, I have requested it several times and nothing ever shows up in my mail box. Windows automatically logs me on at home but that does help me in Albuquerque.

12/23/2006 7:44:29 AM

User: Rocket2info  -  12/23/2006 7:44:29 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  12/21/2006 11:39:56 AM

Well I didn't read the preceding post because my upload speed is now uploading like a Rocket, so some body some where put those rockets boosters on for me. So it works now, all I need to do next is to figure out where in the heck I put my password, I have requested it several times and nothing ever shows up in my mail box. Windows automatically logs me on at home but that does help me in Albuquerque.

It might be just a temporary problem. I am glad that it works fine now.

If you forgot your logon info, you can easily use the "I forgot my password" link to recover your logon info. Please make sure your email (registered with DriveHQ) is valid, and that it doesn't filter DriveHQ emails. Check your junk / bulk mail folder if you don't receive email from DriveHQ.

12/23/2006 12:43:39 PM

Hi, I have almost the same problem, I want to use drivehq in order to have 2 POS with the same database, but it took me 1 hour tu upload 10 megabytes, mo modem shous that my outgoing connection is 637 Kbps (not Bytes but bits). What can I do to boost the performance? thanks.

9/28/2011 8:50:27 PM

User: derklass  -  9/28/2011 8:50:27 PM

Hi, I have almost the same problem, I want to use drivehq in order to have 2 POS with the same database, but it took me 1 hour tu upload 10 megabytes, mo modem shous that my outgoing connection is 637 Kbps (not Bytes but bits). What can I do to boost the performance? thanks.

There could be a problem with your internet service provider.  Please be aware that DriveHQ offers virtually unlimited bandwidth on our end, but there are many factors that contribute to your transfer speeds.  Please take a look at them here: https://www.drivehq.com/bbs/getmsg.aspx/bbsID110/msg_id10385171/ref_id0/page10#0

9/29/2011 9:45:12 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003