x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24803/3
When I download encrypted files I am not asked for my encryption key.  This basically means that anyone who accesses my account can view my encrypted files.  This is not very secure.

5/22/2007 11:09:50 PM

When you download encrypted files from the same PC using the same DriveHQ FileManager or DriveHQ Online Backup program that uploaded the files, you don't need to enter the encryption key as the key is already cached.

However, if you try to download files using Internet Explorer or third party FTP client software, the downloaded files will still be encrypted.

If you download files from another PC using FileManager or Online Backup, then the first time it will ask for the encryption key. After that, the key is cached so it won't ask again.

DriveHQ encrypted folder is more secure than HTTPS or secure FTP as files are encrypted locally and stay encrypted on DriveHQ.com. Which means your files cannot be viewed by DriveHQ support staff and any potential hackers. However, you need to make sure your files are safe on your own computer.

5/23/2007 11:06:29 AM

Question 2: How do you set the encryption key for the android app? ALL of my files are in the encrypted folder, but none will open because I cant find a spot to enter the encryption key

5/24/2013 7:29:47 AM

User: Scott Carswell  -  5/24/2013 7:29:47 AM

Question 2: How do you set the encryption key for the android app? ALL of my files are in the encrypted folder, but none will open because I cant find a spot to enter the encryption key

Please upgrade to the latest version DriveHQ FileManager for Android. It has supported Encrypted Folder now.

6/26/2013 5:34:12 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003