x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 17639/1

Hello DataHQ,

I've so far been using the Backup software, which is fine, but can I achieve the same thing by synchronising folders with FileManager? Will I get the same upload speed? Can I still encrypt the files?

Is there anything I should know that makes using the Backup software better than using the FileManager?

I would prefer to access the features in FileManager, so that's why I'm asking if it would be wise to use that instead of the Backup software.

Many thanks,

Todd

6/25/2008 4:05:12 AM

DriveHQ Online Backup is designed to automatically backup your files; once setup, you don't need to use it for a long time unless you see any errors. Online Backup can run as a Windows Service, so it can run even if nobody is logged on Windows. Also it can keep multiple file versions; so you might be able to restore an older version if you accidentally changed your files.

DriveHQ FileManager is designed to work like Windows Explorer (My Computer), you will likely to use it very frequently. You can drag and drop files, automatically synchronize folders. Folder synchronization works similar to backup, however it is not as safe as Online Backup. When you delete a file, the file on DriveHQ.com could also be deleted automatically. Also it cannot keep multiple versions and cannot run as Windows service. You can certainly use FileManager to backup files manually; but for automatic folder synchronization, it has a limit of less than 3000 files/folders for each synchronization task.

6/25/2008 3:41:24 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003