x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 30839/5
Two friends tried to set up drivehq ftp accounts last week. Neither has gotten an activation email. To test this I tried to set up another account (tdftp2) using a different email address. Same problem. Also tried changing the email address and checked spam folders etc.
It appears that drivehq is simply not sending activation emails for new accounts. What's up?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

9/8/2008 8:10:28 AM

tangibleftp:

My problem is a bit similar to yours; the message I'm seeing is 'Your Files Are Not Being Protected'; 'You have not verified your address'. Instructions re immediate verification of my address were:  'We have sent an email to the address you provided. Click on the link [or copy & paste into your browser], follow the instructions given to verify your address. After verification, return to this page and click 'continue'.

I have yet to receive an email 'to verify my address'; actually, I've received absolutely nothing. 

The strange twist is, I have no earthly idea what  drivehq  is; how 'out-of-nowhere' I'm getting 'instructions to verify my address' by a website ['dhq'] unknown to me, who is going to handle all my 'online backup storage'....SAY WHAT?

Even though 'my address was NEVER verified'...and I never did 'return to continue', my files - my system! - everything was immediately copied... Ummmm, 'BACKED UP'??? to drivehq 'online backup storage' ?!?

I wonder if anyone else has had  similar 'issues' such as these?

TX6exMom

9/9/2008 12:00:33 PM

The DriveHQ user account with username tdftp2 has already been activated. DriveHQ can automatically verify certain email accounts, and if so, it will not send the activation email as the account is activated automatically.

However, a frequent problem is that the email address cannot be verified and account activation is required. In this case, some users' email servers might automatically filter DriveHQ emails into the spam / bulk mail folder. So please make sure you can receive emails from DriveHQ. Check your spam / bulk / trash / deleted mail folder as necessary. You can also contact your system administrator, or your email service provider not to block DriveHQ email.

9/9/2008 6:38:47 PM

User: TX6exMom  -  9/9/2008 12:00:33 PM

tangibleftp:

My problem is a bit similar to yours; the message I'm seeing is 'Your Files Are Not Being Protected'; 'You have not verified your address'. Instructions re immediate verification of my address were:  'We have sent an email to the address you provided. Click on the link [or copy & paste into your browser], follow the instructions given to verify your address. After verification, return to this page and click 'continue'.

I have yet to receive an email 'to verify my address'; actually, I've received absolutely nothing. 

The strange twist is, I have no earthly idea what  drivehq  is; how 'out-of-nowhere' I'm getting 'instructions to verify my address' by a website ['dhq'] unknown to me, who is going to handle all my 'online backup storage'....SAY WHAT?

Even though 'my address was NEVER verified'...and I never did 'return to continue', my files - my system! - everything was immediately copied... Ummmm, 'BACKED UP'??? to drivehq 'online backup storage' ?!?

I wonder if anyone else has had  similar 'issues' such as these?

TX6exMom

It seems you are using some 3rd party software that uses DriveHQ service as the backend storage. In this case, you can contact the 3rd party software vendor, or download DriveHQ client software directly at:

http://www.drivehq.com/downloads/downloads.aspx

9/9/2008 6:41:24 PM

I found a welcome letter in my spam but no verification, Is my acct activated

10/8/2010 2:39:53 AM

If you can log on with your username / password, then it means your account has already been activated. 

10/9/2010 12:12:55 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003