x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 38717/8

I have been researching FTP clients lately, as I have been asked to set up some sort of remote file sharing for a group of people at my work.  So far, I like what I have seen and read in regards to DriveHQ and your FTP software(FileManager).  It appears that the Group Plan is the way to go with multiple users accessing files and having the ability to use read-only and write-enabled folders.  I will be the Administrator and there will likely be 5-10 users who will be accessing key documents and possibley editing them, then uploading them back to the server.  They probably won't be sharing files between eachother.     

Here are my questions: 

What is the User License Fee for a Group Plan?

Do I need more than one User License Fee?

I will most likely be purchasing a year in advance with 5-10 users, does each user need to have a DriveHQ account or do I just create sub-accounts?

Is a DriveHQ account only necessary if they want to share files between eachother?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

4/2/2007 8:51:43 PM

Thank you for your interest in our service. Please note DriveHQ FTP is a complete FTP solution, so it comes with FTP client, server, hosting and web access, etc. For our pricing and group user licenses, please read this page.

http://www.drivehq.com/ftp/pricing.aspx

As you can see, we are having a special promotion. Our price is probably 5 times lower, and we have many times more features than other FTP service providers.

You do need more than 1 user licenses if you have 5-10 users. The license fee is very low anyway. Once you have a group account, you can create sub-users. Please make sure you allocate storage and download bytes to each sub-users carefully.

DriveHQ membership is required when sharing folders to other users with "write" permission. It is also necessary for each sub-user to logon with its own account.

4/3/2007 5:14:19 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/3/2007 5:14:19 AM

Thank you for your interest in our service. Please note DriveHQ FTP is a complete FTP solution, so it comes with FTP client, server, hosting and web access, etc. For our pricing and group user licenses, please read this page.

As you can see, we are having a special promotion. Our price is probably 5 times lower, and we have many times more features than other FTP service providers.

You do need more than 1 user licenses if you have 5-10 users. The license fee is very low anyway. Once you have a group account, you can create sub-users. Please make sure you allocate storage and download bytes to each sub-users carefully.

DriveHQ membership is required when sharing folders to other users with "write" permission. It is also necessary for each sub-user to logon with its own account.

Thanks for the reply.

How many user licenses would I need for 5-10 users, or more specifically how many users does a license cover?

--------------------------------------------

Quote:

Please make sure you allocate storage and download bytes to each sub-users carefully.

Is there a bandwidth limit for a group account?  If so, is this the download bytes?

Quote:

So, you are saying I need to have each member create an account(become a DriveHQ member), then I can assign them to the group as a sub-user?

Jason

4/3/2007 1:07:51 PM

User: jason.h  -  4/3/2007 1:07:51 PM

Thanks for the reply.

How many user licenses would I need for 5-10 users, or more specifically how many users does a license cover?

Quote:

Please make sure you allocate storage and download bytes to each sub-users carefully.

Is there a bandwidth limit for a group account?  If so, is this the download bytes?

Quote:

So, you are saying I need to have each member create an account(become a DriveHQ member), then I can assign them to the group as a sub-user?

Jason

Hi,

Both Group Account and sub-users have download bytes limit. So you need to allocate storage and download bytes among the group owner and all sub-accounts.

If you have a group account, you can create sub-users. Other users don't need to sign up themselves. If they already have an account on DriveHQ, you can invite them to join.

Please feel free to try our service. Even the group account service is free.

4/3/2007 7:33:14 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/3/2007 7:33:14 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:

Quote:

Jason

Hi,

Both Group Account and sub-users have download bytes limit. So you need to allocate storage and download bytes among the group owner and all sub-accounts.

If you have a group account, you can create sub-users. Other users don't need to sign up themselves. If they already have an account on DriveHQ, you can invite them to join.

Thanks for the reply. 

Could you answer this question though:

Also:

What does a user license cost?

I have upgraded to the Free Group account to check it out.  I see that my total space is 1020MB with a Total Download Bytes of 406MB. 

Are these amounts available to each user or am I dividing it betweeen myself and the sub-users?

How do I increase the amount of space and download bytes available to the group; what is the price breakdown?

Sorry for all the questions.  I just need to have all the answers before I present your service to the group.

Jason

4/3/2007 10:56:27 PM

User: jason.h  -  4/3/2007 10:56:27 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:

Quote:

Jason

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

Also:

I have upgraded to the Free Group account to check it out.  I see that my total space is 1020MB with a Total Download Bytes of 406MB. 

Are these amounts available to each user or am I dividing it betweeen myself and the sub-users?

How do I increase the amount of space and download bytes available to the group; what is the price breakdown?

Sorry for all the questions.  I just need to have all the answers before I present your service to the group.

Jason

Hi Jason,

You need 10-user licenses if you have 10 users to logon. If the 10 users can share the same logon info, then you don't need 10 licenses. Sharing of the same logon info is not recommended.

Please visit our Plans and Pricing page for more info about the service price.

---

As a group account owner, you need to allocate storage space / download bytes among yourself and group members. Those numbers are for each sub-user.

---

To increase your storage/download bytes, you can re-allocate among your group members, or you can subscribe to a higher level service. Please note only the group owner needs to subscribe.

4/4/2007 1:31:41 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/4/2007 1:31:41 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:

Quote:

Jason

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

Also:

Jason

Hi Jason,

You need 10-user licenses if you have 10 users to logon. If the 10 users can share the same logon info, then you don't need 10 licenses. Sharing of the same logon info is not recommended.

---

As a group account owner, you need to allocate storage space / download bytes among yourself and group members. Those numbers are for each sub-user.

---

To increase your storage/download bytes, you can re-allocate among your group members, or you can subscribe to a higher level service. Please note only the group owner needs to subscribe.

Thanks for the clarification.

If I understand you correctly, assuming I have 10 users:

I need to pay for a Group Plan with the User License for 10 sub-users, currently $5.99/month

Then I, as the Group Administrator subscribe to what ever plan meets our storage/ bandwidth needs.  i.e.-the Standard Plan at $7.99 a month.  I can then divide up the 5GB(+1GB) storage and 20GB Download Bytes between sub-users as I see fit.

Sounds easy enough.

4/4/2007 8:37:35 PM

User: jason.h  -  4/4/2007 8:37:35 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:

Quote:

Jason

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

Also:

Jason

Hi Jason,

---

---

I need to pay for a Group Plan with the User License for 10 sub-users, currently $5.99/month

Then I, as the Group Administrator subscribe to what ever plan meets our storage/ bandwidth needs.  i.e.-the Standard Plan at $7.99 a month.  I can then divide up the 5GB(+1GB) storage and 20GB Download Bytes between sub-users as I see fit.

Sounds easy enough.

Yes, exactly!

4/5/2007 1:19:15 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/5/2007 1:19:15 PM

User: jason.h  -  4/4/2007 8:37:35 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:

Quote:

Jason

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

Also:

Jason

Hi Jason,

---

---

Sounds easy enough.

Yes, exactly!

Thank you for answering all my questions.

J 

4/6/2007 12:00:13 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003