x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 44783/10

I have configured various realtime encrypted backup jobs, but some of these generate errors, usually on the same file, which can be of different type. .doc in one job, .m4a in another. There's nothing wrong with the file. I can open it. Even if I rename it the same error occurs. The error is:

Failed to upload <local file> to <remote file>: Unknown error.

Anybody knows what to do about this?

Also the whole job stops, so other important files are not backed up. Can I set the job to continue after error?

Thanks for your support.

Paul

4/16/2007 3:53:38 AM

Hi Paul,

Please check if you can manually upload the file using FileManager. The encrypted backup stores the data in "\My Documents\My Encrypted Data" on server. If it doesn't work, please email the file to DriveHQ Customer Support and we will look at it.

Normally, the task should continue running after an error. But this seems to be a different kind of error that WWWBackup cannot handle it well. In this case, please move this file out of the source folder, or filter the file name in the task.

4/16/2007 5:37:12 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/16/2007 5:37:12 AM

Hi Paul,

Please check if you can manually upload the file using FileManager. The encrypted backup stores the data in "\My Documents\My Encrypted Data" on server. If it doesn't work, please email the file to DriveHQ Customer Support and we will look at it.

Normally, the task should continue running after an error. But this seems to be a different kind of error that WWWBackup cannot handle it well. In this case, please move this file out of the source folder, or filter the file name in the task.

Thanks for your swift response.

I can upload the file using the filemanager.

Moreover, a new error is now generated for a file that has been backed up before and is not changed. So it doesn't seem to have anything to do with a particular file. On the other hand: I moved a file with problems, and then that exact same file yielded an error in a different job.

I thought for a moment it had anything to do with filenames beginning with a number. But also other files lead to the error.

Hope to see some more suggestions.

4/16/2007 7:40:16 AM

User: vanoordt  -  4/16/2007 7:40:16 AM

Hi Paul,

Moreover, a new error is now generated for a file that has been backed up before and is not changed. So it doesn't seem to have anything to do with a particular file. On the other hand: I moved a file with problems, and then that exact same file yielded an error in a different job.

I thought for a moment it had anything to do with filenames beginning with a number. But also other files lead to the error.

Hi could you tell more info about the file size, date, name and path? Ideally, could you email the file to DriveHQ Customer Support? We need to duplicate the problem. Thank you.

4/16/2007 11:06:55 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/16/2007 11:06:55 AM

Hi Paul,

Hi could you tell more info about the file size, date, name and path? Ideally, could you email the file to DriveHQ Customer Support? We need to duplicate the problem. Thank you.

I've send a file to support@driveHQ.com. However I don't think it has to do with the file. Although that file have yielded an error a few consecutive times, it has also succeeded many times.

I have now about 40 upload errors for 5 different tasks and about 20 different files.

It's hard to find a pattern.

Sometimes all tasks succeed.

Hope you will solve this one, for I very much like to use your product to the full.

4/18/2007 12:28:27 AM

User: vanoordt  -  4/18/2007 12:28:27 AM

Hi Paul,

I've send a file to support@driveHQ.com. However I don't think it has to do with the file. Although that file have yielded an error a few consecutive times, it has also succeeded many times.

I have now about 40 upload errors for 5 different tasks and about 20 different files.

Hope you will solve this one, for I very much like to use your product to the full.

I have found that that same file still gives an error when moved on my disk into another, and this time unencrypted task. So maybe there is something about the file.

I'm willing to do some more tests. Just let me know.

4/18/2007 12:51:31 AM

Hi Paul,

Hi, we tested that file and we had no problem uploading it. Please note your network might have caused the problem. Anyway, we have just released a new version 3.8 FileManager and Backup software, please download them from the Software link on top.

4/19/2007 7:23:11 AM

Hi Paul,

Hello, Check your communication condition. In my case I'm using ADSL modem, which sometimes breaks the backup transfer causing 'unknown error's.

4/21/2007 3:35:56 PM

hello .i don't hnow

4/23/2007 5:48:43 AM

Please upgrade to the latest version released on April 22. It should allow 10 errors before the task pauses for user action.

Also we have added "email notification of backup status" feature. So you can let DriveHQ Online Backup 3.8 to email backup status report to you after it finished running a task or if it encountered an error. The can be configured in the Options --> Error Log. Now you can find out if the backup task is running fine without looking at the source computer. If you receive an error email, or if you don't receive a success email, then your backup task might have encountered some problem, or your network connection is broken.

4/23/2007 4:04:57 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/19/2007 7:23:11 AM

Hi Paul,

Hi, we tested that file and we had no problem uploading it. Please note your network might have caused the problem. Anyway, we have just released a new version 3.8 FileManager and Backup software, please download them from the Software link on top.

Hi,

I'm using the new version for a while now and the problems haven't occurred since.

Thanks for the support.

Paul

4/25/2007 6:21:17 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003