x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
CameraFTP Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 12648/4

Hello - 

Has anyone found a reliable way to publish RTSP to CameraFTP in a way that's encrypted? My Hikvision camera has a HTTPS option but wondering how I encrypted the video stream. 

Is this supported?

Thank-you.

harry

1/30/2021 7:50:22 AM

You can publish cameras on CameraFTP.com. Please take a look at Cameras published by other members:

CameraFTP does not publish your camera's RTSP URL directly, nor does it relay your RTSP video stream. It works this way: Your camera uploads video clips or images to CameraFTP.com. You can then log in to CameraFTP.com and view your camera footage online. You can also install CameraFTP Viewer app on your iOS/Android devices. With this method, if you publish your camera, the video will be streamed from CameraFTP.com website instead of your camera. It can handle far more concurrent connections, and it is more secure as neither users nor CameraFTP will connect to your camera. CameraFTP Viewer uses HTTPS.

For more info about how to publish, please visit: 

1/30/2021 3:05:44 PM

Thank-you. I understand the stream publishing option now.

To clarify, the only communication from camera->CameraFTP servers are FTP uploads, either image or video? Are these connections secured with encrypted FTP?

I thought there was an option to publish the RTSP stream from camera->CameraFTP. That's what I was wondering about. Sounds like that is not the case, correct? 

Thank-you!

1/31/2021 7:46:11 AM

User: harrynewbrun  -  1/31/2021 7:46:11 AM

Thank-you. I understand the stream publishing option now.

To clarify, the only communication from camera->CameraFTP servers are FTP uploads, either image or video? Are these connections secured with encrypted FTP?

I thought there was an option to publish the RTSP stream from camera->CameraFTP. That's what I was wondering about. Sounds like that is not the case, correct? 

Thank-you!

CameraFTP server supports FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS), SFTP, SMTP, SMTP over SSL/TLS, and HTTPS for viewing/downloading. If you use CameraFTP VSS software, or CameraFTP Mobile Security App for iOS and Android, or Webcam Security Camera app for Windows, all connections are encrypted. For regular IP cameras/DVRs, it is device dependent.

1/31/2021 10:20:50 PM

ok thank-you!

2/1/2021 5:57:20 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not CameraFTP Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003