x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
CameraFTP Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 36269/3

I have a DB Power Cam and followed your instructions on how to setup FTP service.  The test always fails to connect to the server.  I get the same message trying to set up my email settings in the camera.  Can you help with ideas?  I have updated firmware on wireless router.

11/23/2013 11:07:34 PM

You need to check the detailed FTP error message / error log. Using your manufacturer's setup tool, log on to the camera's setup web page. Check if you can find the Event Log or Status page. If so, check the event log or status message related with FTP. 

Another easy way to check the connection problem is using a GUI-based FTP client, such as FileZilla. Connect to ftp.cameraftp.com using FileZilla from the same network as the security camera, logon with the same username and password. Check if you can connect with FileZilla. If so, it means the problem is not on CameraFTP side. So you need to check your camera's network connection and configuration settings.

Otherwise, please email us the FTP error message. 

One possible cause is your free account had expired. Note we offer 2-day free trial. After 2 days you need to order a subscription.

Another possible cause is you have not paid the service fee.

1/18/2014 1:47:23 AM

my cam showing test failed , unknown error

6/25/2018 5:35:32 AM

User: samad92  -  6/25/2018 5:35:32 AM

my cam showing test failed , unknown error

Hello Samad.

We can see that you have had one image upload to CameraFTP, but after this uploading stopped. Note that if you have motion-only recording it will not upload any footage until motion is detected. You can try adjusting the motion sensitivity if you feel that footage should be uploading. 

Please also check your camera configuration settings. Your last uploaded footage was set with a resolution that exceeds your subscription. You will want to make sure this matchs.

If you need further assistance with camera configuration, please email us at support@cameraftp.com

Thank You,
CameraFTP Support

6/25/2018 8:57:21 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not CameraFTP Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003