x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24523/3
I want people to be able to view my photos NOT download them. How do I set up my published folder so that it is limited that way?When they open the link I send them, I want the button to say VIEW, NOT download. Can anyone advise me how to do this?

8/25/2007 5:08:59 PM

If other people can view the origial resolution photos, then they can always download the photos, or they can simply right click on the photo and click Save.

If you don't want people to download your files, then you can set a permission of "Large View" only when you share or publish your folders. This allows people to view the 600x600 preview size photos, but not the original resolution photos.

8/25/2007 5:54:21 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/25/2007 5:54:21 PM

If other people can view the origial resolution photos, then they can always download the photos, or they can simply right click on the photo and click Save.

If you don't want people to download your files, then you can set a permission of "Large View" only when you share or publish your folders. This allows people to view the 600x600 preview size photos, but not the original resolution photos.

okay, i understand that. but it misses the point. when i go to the link where my photos are, the only choice i see is "download." "view" is not an option. if someone wants to download the photos, that's okay with me, but most people won't. so how do i set up the storage site so that view is at least one of the choices they are given? i want people to be able to view the photos quickly without having to take the time to download them first. you see, they are all linked together in one big pdf file, about 60mb.

8/26/2007 11:17:25 PM

User: jombi  -  8/26/2007 11:17:25 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/25/2007 5:54:21 PM

okay, i understand that. but it misses the point. when i go to the link where my photos are, the only choice i see is "download." "view" is not an option. if someone wants to download the photos, that's okay with me, but most people won't. so how do i set up the storage site so that view is at least one of the choices they are given? i want people to be able to view the photos quickly without having to take the time to download them first. you see, they are all linked together in one big pdf file, about 60mb.

What is the photo format? Note DriveHQ supports JPG, GIF and BMP. If the format is PDF, then DriveHQ does not treat it as image format; in that case, you can only download.

Please use JPG format whenever possible. If it is a supported image format, then view photo is by default (vs. download).

8/27/2007 6:05:16 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003