x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 89112/16

Hello!

I have problem with DriveHQ free ftp access!

I followed the FAQ (ftp.drivehq.com, port 21, login passw). I tried more FTP client (Total Commander, FileZilla Wise FTP) but none of them can access my ftp account.

Error message: connection failure or other similar. I allowed the connection in my firewall, and tried disable my firewall. No success.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

11/1/2010 7:02:08 AM

I tested it and everything works fine. We have thousands of users using our FTP service at any time. We have not heard of any other reports. Please double check your firewall, anti-virus software or security software settings.

You can also use DriveHQ FileManager 5.0 client software. DriveHQ FileManager is seamlessly integrated with DriveHQ cloud storage service. It works better than any other FTP client software. It is extremely easy and reliable, has a lot more features than regular FTP; and it uses HTTP / HTTPS.

11/1/2010 2:04:30 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/1/2010 2:04:30 PM

I tested it and everything works fine. We have thousands of users using our FTP service at any time. We have not heard of any other reports. Please double check your firewall, anti-virus software or security software settings.

You can also use DriveHQ FileManager 5.0 client software. DriveHQ FileManager is seamlessly integrated with DriveHQ cloud storage service. It works better than any other FTP client software. It is extremely easy and reliable, has a lot more features than regular FTP; and it uses HTTP / HTTPS.

I tried register a new account, and tried to connect via FTP client (Filezilla).

No success. Failure.

Here is the error log of filezilla during connection  attempt. Firewall disabled.

>>>>

Status: Connection attempt failed with "EACCES - Permission denied".

Error: Could not connect to server

Status: Connection attempt failed with "EACCES - Permission denied".

Error: Could not connect to server

11/3/2010 8:18:56 AM

At the moment, we have over one thousand concurrent FTP users. Our FTP site performance, CPU usage and network throughput are all normal. 

Please try to connect from a different location. Make sure you don't have any anti-virus, security software or proxy software blocking FTP.  Also check your router settings.

Please use Passive FTP as Active FTP is almost always blocked by firewall / router. ( Most GUI-based FTP client software already defaults to Passive FTP. )

If you cannot solve the problem, it is recommended to use DriveHQ FileManager 5.0 client software, which is native to our service. It has a lot more and better features than FTP and it is easier to use.

11/3/2010 9:33:33 AM

What does this error message mean when I try to download a file?

550 CWD command failed

11/3/2010 1:33:53 PM

Hello, I've a problem. I could access through ftp but after many access I cant enter anymore. There is a problem related to the number of access? Thank you

Pablo From Argentina

11/4/2010 3:00:27 PM

User: plucero  -  11/4/2010 3:00:27 PM

Hello, I've a problem. I could access through ftp but after many access I cant enter anymore. There is a problem related to the number of access? Thank you

Pablo From Argentina

The question has been answered before. Please click on this link:

http://www.drivehq.com/bbs/getmsg.aspx/bbsID110/msg_id24510641/ref_id0/page1

11/9/2010 11:34:00 AM

Hello Drive-HQ Support team,

I can't log into FTP either.   However, I am able to log-in online and on the file manager but NOT through FTP.

What is going on?    I've noticed others are having similar issues.  I need some troubleshooting steps or something...please DON'T just tell me that there are thousands of users not having an issue b/c I am and I need a solution.

There are mangaers in my organizations who rely on the FTP feature and don't want to deal w/ downloading the file manager or remembering some password for the Drive-HQ website.  Please help.

Thank you

11/17/2010 12:01:22 PM

I too am having the same issue. 3 different locations are getting no ping response from ftp.drivehq.com

Seemed to be working fine this morning.

12/14/2010 6:06:50 AM

DriveHQ FTP site and website are working fine. You cannot ping DriveHQ servers because our firewall has blocked it. This does not affect our FTP and Web services.

The 3 most common FTP issues are:

(1) If you use Windows command-line FTP client: it doesn't support Passive FTP; Active FTP is often blocked by firewall, router or anti-virus software. So you need to use another FTP client that supports Passive FTP. There are 3rd party command-line FTP clients that support passive FTP.

(2) If you use Automatic Device / Software that keeps logging on DriveHQ FTP Server: DriveHQ free FTP service is designed for personal and casual use only. Free service users can only logon about 10-25 times per day. If you need more logon times, you must order our paid service.

Premium users are not limited with the max daily logon times; however, it is recommended not to logon too frequently. (try not to exceed 5 times / minute). Premium users can also use another FTP site: proFTP.drivehq.com. (It is not available to free service users)

For KeyLogger software users, please note: DriveHQ prohibits using of KeyLogger software with our FTP service, unless the user provides a copy of valid photo ID, or  a copy of credit card, and order our paid service.

(3) Your firewall / router / anti-virus software may block both Active FTP and Passive FTP: In this case, please try to contact your IT person, or use DriveHQ FileManager client software (which uses HTTP / HTTPS).

12/16/2010 11:59:21 AM

That explains my problem then... command prompt & IP cameras work just fine (till they hit the max daily logins for a free account).

Thanks for the info. thought it was something i'd set wrong. :)

12/18/2010 2:50:14 AM

Re : fire ftp - asks for repeated password.

(Any issues with Mozilla fire ftp plugin ?)

will try to use filezilla, if still problem, will download your software. Thanks.

Will try it out for some time before making decision on hosting or upgrading,

Thanks

africasiaeuro

8/26/2011 4:38:04 AM

After filezilla same Error 530 - says password incorrect.

Seems another problem.

Will now change login password and try again.

whitershade techblog

8/26/2011 4:52:55 AM

If you have problem log in on to the FTP client software with password you have, you might retrieve your password by clicking “ I forgot my password” link below “Logon” at DriveHQ homepage.

8/26/2011 9:00:12 AM

10/19/2011 6:06:59 PM

Trying to upload pictures from a trendnet camera  Needs FTP IP, not name.  Using 66.20.9.57 plus port 21 plus my username and p/w.  TEST says not connecting with FTP.  Call to Trendnet Customer Service says that you are an HTTP, not an FTP site and I cannot upload except to an FTP site.

Is there a different IP for the FTP site upload or am I doint something wrong?

Thank you.

3/30/2012 8:50:40 PM

DriveHQ has launched www.cameraFTP.com, a new FTP service optimized for IP cameras. DriveHQ offers a complete Cloud IT Solution, which includes a state-of-the-art FTP server hosting service. Many security camera users have used our FTP service to store the recorded images offsite. Because DriveHQ.com has so many features, it might be a little hard to find the right features for security cameras.

With www.CameraFTP.com, it is much easier. You can configure your camera to upload images to ftp.cameraftp.com, (or IP Address: 66.220.9.45), and you can remotely monitor the scene or play back the old images using our CameraShow feature.

Security cameras are not secure themselves. They can be easily destroyed or tampered. By using CameraFTP service, even if an intruder destroys the security camera, he cannot delete the images stored in CameraFTP's secure data center.

If you already have a security camera (or network camera, IP camera, surveillance camera), you definitely should try our CameraFTP service. If you don't have a security camera yet, you might want to buy one now. The cost has dropped dramatically in the past few years. Now you can buy a decent quality wireless security camera for only about $100. Dependent on your image quality and upload frequency, CameraFTP service starts at only $1.5/month!

For only about $100 to a few hundred dollars, you can make your home or business much more secure. Isn't it a very good investment?

6/25/2012 4:51:45 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003