x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 20339/2
When I try to upload .jpg files using your filemanager, they increase in size by about 3 times - or at least the 1st 16 do. Its as if Filemanager tries to compress them further & then they are decompressed once they hit the ftp server. If this is the case, the compression/decompression is making a very bad job of it, and a total waste of time.
I want to prevent this action, & I don't understand why it should just be the 1st 16 files in any upload..
How do I turn this action off?

7/1/2008 1:11:25 AM

No, it is extremely unlikely that this happens. Please email us more details about FileManager's version number and build number. You can find the version number and build number from the About dialog.

Please also email us an example image. FileManager doesn't attempt to change your orignal image at all. The compression and de-compression happen during transfer only. When it is uploaded / downloaded, it is not changed at all.

DriveHQ creates image thumbnail and preview-size image when an image file is uploaded. In certain cases, the preview image can be larger than your source image if the source image is very small.

7/1/2008 1:49:20 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/1/2008 1:49:20 AM

No, it is extremely unlikely that this happens. Please email us more details about FileManager's version number and build number. You can find the version number and build number from the About dialog.

Please also email us an example image. FileManager doesn't attempt to change your orignal image at all. The compression and de-compression happen during transfer only. When it is uploaded / downloaded, it is not changed at all.

DriveHQ creates image thumbnail and preview-size image when an image file is uploaded. In certain cases, the preview image can be larger than your source image if the source image is very small.

Hi, me again. I have tried to do some more upload tests, & this time the results are what I would have expected - no sign of file sizes being altered. I don't understand what happened before, but the previous odd behaviour happened more than once, when uploading nearly 100 files of about 27K each. My version of FileManager is 4, build 284 with MagicUpload v 1.0. If I get any further odd behaviour, I shall get back in touch. All the best, Graham

7/1/2008 10:19:44 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003