x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
CameraFTP Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24209/4

Hi, I am using the android  CameraFTP app, after a few hiccups it is running stably. (some ftp socket issues stil to be resolved)

The only issue I can't solve is the zoom setting. I need to leave the camer set to maximum zoom,

but the zoom setting always pops back to minimum after a few hours  - I have not touched the phone or the app at all.

I think I am re-zoomingit once or twice a day.

Does anyone else have this issue?

(running on an old but sturdy Samsung Galaxy S4)

1/3/2019 6:27:16 AM

Hello Chris, 

Thank you for your reporting your problem. We were able to duplicate your issue for the Android Security Camera application with the zoom reset. Please allow our engineers a few days to troubleshoot and implement a fix for this. 

Thank You,
CameraFTP Support
www.CameraFTP.com

1/3/2019 10:48:16 AM

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  1/3/2019 10:48:16 AM

Hello Chris, 

Thank you for your reporting your problem. We were able to duplicate your issue for the Android Security Camera application with the zoom reset. Please allow our engineers a few days to troubleshoot and implement a fix for this. 

Thank You,
CameraFTP Support
www.CameraFTP.com

That's great!

While they are poking around under the hood it would be so awesome if they could make the zoom setting persistent between app restarts. (by saving the zoom setting as a variable)

There are plenty of reasons for this  - it allows the app to be more functional if used unnatended -  for security purposes a camera is more useful controlled remotely.

I use apps like Airdroid or Teamviewer host for this.

Persisten zoom settings also means that the app is WAY more functional as a timelapse app - the reason being, that if your phone runs out of batteries, crashes etc,

the shot is ruined as you have lost the zoom. but If you can save and save the zoom settings, the shot will remain fairly seamless.

Thanks

1/3/2019 5:40:04 PM

Good news, our engineers have released a new version Android Mobile Security Camera App Ver 1.6 Build 1148.  You can download it from Google Play store now. 

>>> it would be so awesome if they could make the zoom setting persistent between app restarts. (by saving the zoom setting as a variable)

Yes, the new version indeed saves the zoom level. Please let us know if you have any more questions/comments.

1/4/2019 5:07:00 PM

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  1/4/2019 5:07:00 PM

Good news, our engineers have released a new version Android Mobile Security Camera App Ver 1.6 Build 1148.  You can download it from Google Play store now. 

>>> it would be so awesome if they could make the zoom setting persistent between app restarts. (by saving the zoom setting as a variable)

Yes, the new version indeed saves the zoom level. Please let us know if you have any more questions/comments.

It's great! thanks!,

I can now leave my phone running as a security camera. All seems to be working well.

1/6/2019 7:46:24 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not CameraFTP Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003