x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
CameraFTP Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 22192/1

This looked like a great system looking at the promises in the sales material.

* Windows Phone Security Camera fails to register (silently) as camera and cannot be viewed from other unit.

* Security Camera works on ios 7 but no way to connect to camera and view live video in Windows Phone. No mention of it in any settings in server or client app.

* No way to reduce file upload to 1/15 min or disable it.

* How do one share access to a camera without giving out username/password?

* How to view live video through web browser?

* What about pricing? Web page says one thing and the differerent phone apps all says different amounts and it is very unclear what is included or not in different offers.

I planned to put a cell phone with a 3GB/month limit somewhere to use as a web cam and collect pictures every 15s for a timelapse. The cheap data subscription is limited to a private (NAT:ed) IP address which I hoped Camera FTP could make work through their servers.

Can CameraFTP do this or is it only an FTP upload snapshot system? If not, plans to support within 6 months?

12/4/2013 2:31:42 PM

>>> This looked like a great system looking at the promises in the sales material.

>>> * Windows Phone Security Camera fails to register (silently) as camera and cannot be viewed from other unit.

Do you mean our Mobile Security Camera for Windows Phone does not work? Sorry we cannot duplicate your problem. Could you please provide more detailed information?

>>> * Security Camera works on ios 7 but no way to connect to camera and view live video in Windows Phone. No mention of it in any settings in server or client app.

Do you use our Mobile Security Camera for iOS and view it from your Windows Phone? It should work fine. Please make sure to search the App Store and install the latest version Mobile Security Camera for iOS and CameraFTP Viewer for Windows Phone

>>> * No way to reduce file upload to 1/15 min or disable it.

You can set it to 1 image/15 seconds. You can also enable motion detection.

>>> * How do one share access to a camera without giving out username/password?

You can do so from CameraFTP.com website. Just log on your account, click on My Cameras, then click on the Share or Publish icon to share or publish your camera.

>>> * How to view live video through web browser?

The currently version of CameraFTP viewer does not support true video, but it can play recorded images like video. Just logon cameraftp.com website, click on My Cameras and select a camera to view.

>>> * What about pricing? Web page says one thing and the differerent phone apps all says different amounts and it is very unclear what is included or not in different offers.

Please visit www.cameraftp.com and click on Pricing to see the service pricing. The pricing is dependent on your number of cameras, the image size, retention days and upload frequency. If you order from a mobile app, the price might be lower, but it is a scaled down version, and it is limited to the lowest level service plan.

>>> I planned to put a cell phone with a 3GB/month limit somewhere to use as a web cam and collect pictures every 15s for a timelapse. The cheap data subscription is limited to a private (NAT:ed) IP address which I hoped Camera FTP could make work through their servers.

With CameraFTP, the images are uploaded to the cloud on CameraFTP.com. So it should work fine with most network environments.

>>> Can CameraFTP do this or is it only an FTP upload snapshot system? If not, plans to support within 6 months?

CameraFTP is much more than an FTP upload system. It is a cloud-based security and monitoring service. Please feel free to try the service.

1/17/2014 6:21:15 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not CameraFTP Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003